British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   BBC get something right for a change (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bbc-get-something-right-change-884597/)

IKnowNothing Oct 19th 2016 7:08 am

Re: BBC get something right for a change

Such a bitter scotsman. Will never accept that scotland would be massively broke - worse than Greece - if it didn't get money from the English.

Tell you what, I hope you do leave the UK, stay in the EU, your "country" will be ****ed, and I'll laugh my cock off.

TGFKASE Oct 19th 2016 8:03 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12080272)
Such a bitter scotsman. Will never accept that scotland would be massively broke - worse than Greece - if it didn't get money from the English.

Tell you what, I hope you do leave the UK, stay in the EU, your "country" will be ****ed, and I'll laugh my cock off.

Bitter is such an English term.. I far prefer Heavy, 80' and the like..

You really need to get new sources, surely you know the DM is not an unbiased rag... If it wasnt for Scotlands intellectual exports, as well as the income generated from goods and services exported from Scotland and its surrounding maritime area, the rest of the UK would have been screwed long ago...

Whilst I agree that we were pretty screwed a while back (the late 17th century to be more precise), and probably did require subsistence from our newly acquired friends to the South (who, lets be honest, did their utmost to ensure we would get screwed), its pretty clear to most that the English got more out of this 'marriage' than the Scots.

I would suggest you Google Darien Scheme, for our low point, then have a look at this.. for some background, and this, as the latest proof that the Scots have put in way more than we have taken out of this 'marriage'..

IKnowNothing Oct 20th 2016 4:24 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 12080301)
Bitter is such an English term.. I far prefer Heavy, 80' and the like..

You really need to get new sources, surely you know the DM is not an unbiased rag... If it wasnt for Scotlands intellectual exports, as well as the income generated from goods and services exported from Scotland and its surrounding maritime area, the rest of the UK would have been screwed long ago...

Whilst I agree that we were pretty screwed a while back (the late 17th century to be more precise), and probably did require subsistence from our newly acquired friends to the South (who, lets be honest, did their utmost to ensure we would get screwed), its pretty clear to most that the English got more out of this 'marriage' than the Scots.

I would suggest you Google Darien Scheme, for our low point, then have a look at this.. for some background, and this, as the latest proof that the Scots have put in way more than we have taken out of this 'marriage'..

The Bay City Rollers, Andy Murray and Braveheart?

At least the Romans gave us roads.

jam25mack Oct 20th 2016 4:54 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12081098)
The Bay City Rollers, Andy Murray and Braveheart?

At least the Romans gave us roads.

And the Proclaimers.... and probably heart disease.

scot47 Oct 22nd 2016 9:08 am

Racism is never far away.

TGFKASE Oct 22nd 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12082924)
Racism is never far away.

Thinly veiled as 'patriotism'..

Boomhauer Oct 22nd 2016 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 12083081)
Thinly veiled as 'patriotism'..

Also thinly veiled as religion.