Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Barry Norman eat your heart out- films to see

Wikiposts

Barry Norman eat your heart out- films to see

Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barry Norman eat your heart out- films to see

A few films I've seen recently that I thought where worth mentioning;

The social network- I thought this was realllllly good, I so wish I'd come up with the idea of facebook (apart from the fact I only just know how to switch a computer on), anyway strongly recommended

127 hours- partly watched from behind fingers- was horrible in parts but again very good film and worth a watch but have something to hind behind for the cutting off of arm bit

Paranormal activity 2 was a bit rubbish although did make me jump a couple of times but if you have seen the first one I wouldn't bother with this one.

Any more?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barry Norman eat your heart out- films to see

loved 127 hours...the arm cutting off bit gets too much attention though (not in the movie but in the talk about it) and it may put people off which is a pity as it's really worth seeing and it makes you think about how you would have reacted if it had been you...loved the use of the Bill Witheres song...
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:12 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

The social network- I thought this was realllllly good, I so wish I'd come up with the idea of facebook (apart from the fact I only just know how to switch a computer on), anyway strongly recommended

127 hours- partly watched from behind fingers- was horrible in parts but again very good film and worth a watch but have something to hind behind for the cutting off of arm bit

Paranormal activity 2 was a bit rubbish although did make me jump a couple of times but if you have seen the first one I wouldn't bother with this one.

Any more?
kind of obvious - but I'd add King's Speech and Black Swan to that list....
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

loved the kings speech and to a lesser extent black swan (the goes without saying options)...quite liked rabbit hole, love and other drugs and stone...

oh, and the worst of the year so far has to be yogi bear...avoid at all costs...

MM, xx
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
kind of obvious - but I'd add King's Speech and Black Swan to that list....
oh lol, hadn't seen this when i posted my list...

MM, xx
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:35 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I loved The Kings Speech, but still haven't seen Black Swan yet (will do soon). I refuse to watch 127 hours, enjoyed The Social Network and liked True Grit. My husband hated that, but I liked the old-fashioned dialogue and the look of it.

Is the Rabbit Hole worth seeing if you dislike plastic-faced Nicole Kidman?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Any more?
Watched Kings Speech last week. Very good movie and surprisingly enjoyable. The only downside was watching a non-Brit playing King Edward. He was completely miscast. Geoffrey Rush deserved an Oscar for his performance, as I cannot see Christian Bale surpassing him. The only poor decision on Oscar night in my view.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Any more?
'Choke' is good, I read the book and hated him in it but it's the bloke from 'Moon' who is ace. The book is by the same bloke who did fight club.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
loved the kings speech and to a lesser extent black swan (the goes without saying options)...quite liked rabbit hole, love and other drugs and stone...

oh, and the worst of the year so far has to be yogi bear...avoid at all costs...

MM, xx
in 3d?