Ban them and cast out the zealots
33.33%
Dont ban them their amusing in an annoying way
66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Bans Poll

Old May 18th 2008, 8:45 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bans Poll

Originally Posted by The Dean
Banning people would set a very dangerous precedent.........

Instead, why not just have a democratic way of closing threads when they get out of hand? Like - we all post "Close It Please Mr Boredfuhrer" or whatever......

And after all, whichever idiot it was that started that "Meeting A Woman" thread couldn't possibly have anticipated what it would lead to.........

even a demoactice way of closing threads as you suggested is againest freedom of speech :P

the problem in that thread was not the sweet person who posted it ... but how people reacted with the other ideas
Old May 18th 2008, 8:51 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
I'd be in favour of a ban on bad grammar.

i'd be in favour of baning you for trying to be funny
Old May 18th 2008, 8:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I have to agree. Banning them would send out the wrong signals. They have not posted anything insulting. They have the right to their views. Unfortunately they don't want anyone else to have the same right.
that is not true and unexpected from a person like you
Old May 18th 2008, 8:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MataHari
ah...but that was another matter altoghether...the whole war between the websites was doing harm plus it was utterly pointless...but in the case of individual posters that have opinions that are not those of the 'majority' a ban would be totally wrong.
I do think a minimum amount of moderation on a site is the way to go, and in that respect I think *Eyeore* is doing just fine. Let the people fend for themselves...It's a bit childish to run to daddy everytime anyone says something that you don't agree with.
i loved this part
Old May 18th 2008, 8:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
I have for the first time used my ignore button!!.....and once again all is right with the world! aaaaaah.
shiva is a nice guy. Why would you use the ignore button???
Old May 18th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

To ban me would be hypocritical. Again, i only posted about religion and politics as they were relevant to the thread about Saudi. My post about Islam and Saudi was to Beard Man, and was a discussion between two Muslims that had different opinions about Saudi politics and how it relates to Islam. Ray interfered with his insults and blah blah blah. Tell me, do SOME of you guys here have 3 faces? One for living in the UAE and interacting with Emiratis, one for here on BE and one for back home? If so, does it go something like this,

While in the UAE; We respect your religion and your customs. People misunderstand you religion.
On BE; Remain silent to Rays insults and gang up on me, thus admitting that you think that Muslims are medieval.
Back home; The worst thing about the UAE is the religion, hearing their chant 5 times a bay, seeing their stupid nija clad women. Having to tolerate ramadan, and also pretending we give to hoots about their Allah and Muhammad.

Again all of my post have been relevant to threads or the posts of others. I have noted that i am viewed negatively but having re-read what i have wrote its apparent that these judgments are based on my religious affiliations not what i have said. Maybe you do not like seeing Islam or Muslims on BE then i would suggest you consider that most Emiratis i know do not like to see westerners doing some the things they do in Dubai.
Old May 18th 2008, 4:25 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Worldismine;6365869]To ban me would be hypocritical. Again, i only posted about religion and politics as they were relevant to the thread about Saudi. My post about Islam and Saudi was to Beard Man, and was a discussion between two Muslims that had different opinions about Saudi politics and how it relates to Islam. Ray interfered with his insults and blah blah blah. Tell me, do SOME of you guys here have 3 faces? One for living in the UAE and interacting with Emiratis, one for here on BE and one for back home? If so, does it go something like this,

While in the UAE; We respect your religion and your customs. People misunderstand you religion.
On BE; Remain silent to Rays insults and gang up on me, thus admitting that you think that Muslims are medieval.
Back home; The worst thing about the UAE is the religion, hearing their chant 5 times a bay, seeing their stupid nija clad women. Having to tolerate ramadan, and also pretending we give to hoots about their Allah and Muhammad.

Again all of my post have been relevant to threads or the posts of others. I have noted that i am viewed negatively but having re-read what i have wrote its apparent that these judgments are based on my religious affiliations not what i have said. Maybe you do not like seeing Islam or Muslims on BE then i would suggest you consider that most Emiratis i know do not like to see westerners doing some the things they do in Dubai.[/QUOTE]

You have to admit, that is a bit of a generalisation... Most Emirati's I know and have met appear to take advantage of the 'freedoms' the UAE government have sanctioned within most municipalities....
Old May 18th 2008, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
To ban me would be hypocritical. Again, i only posted about religion and politics as they were relevant to the thread about Saudi. My post about Islam and Saudi was to Beard Man, and was a discussion between two Muslims that had different opinions about Saudi politics and how it relates to Islam. Ray interfered with his insults and blah blah blah. Tell me, do SOME of you guys here have 3 faces? One for living in the UAE and interacting with Emiratis, one for here on BE and one for back home? If so, does it go something like this,

Again all of my post have been relevant to threads or the posts of others. I have noted that i am viewed negatively but having re-read what i have wrote its apparent that these judgments are based on my religious affiliations not what i have said. Maybe you do not like seeing Islam or Muslims on BE then i would suggest you consider that most Emiratis i know do not like to see westerners doing some the things they do in Dubai.
Why not let sleeping dogs lie?

You're a Muslim. Cool. Let's talk about other stuff now.
Old May 18th 2008, 4:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Again all of my post have been relevant to threads or the posts of others. I have noted that i am viewed negatively wrote its apparent that these judgments are based on my religious affiliations not what i have said. Maybe you do not like seeing Islam or Muslims on BE then i would suggest you consider that most Emiratis i know do not like to see westerners doing some the things they do in Dubai.

The poll suggests otherwise.The consensus is: banning anyone is wrong.
Now do you want to analyze the minutiae of that......or move on?
I personally have a rather positive view of you in regard to recovering addiction- it shows strength and I am not surprised you have such a stance on matters which are very important to you.People on here are acknowledging that by voting against banning you yes?
So maybe take a bit of advice from SYB....

PS Did you finish your assignment?

PPS I am a Westerner and I don't like what I see some Westerners doing in Dubai
Old May 18th 2008, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
The poll suggests otherwise.The consensus is: banning anyone is wrong.
Now do you want to analyze the minutiae of that......or move on?
I personally have a rather positive view of you in regard to recovering addiction- it shows strength and I am not surprised you have such a stance on matters which are very important to you.People on here are acknowledging that by voting against banning you yes?
So maybe take a bit of advice from SYB....

PPS I am a Westerner and I don't like what I see some Westerners doing in Dubai
Kicking weed ain't exactly hard, Eva......

But I share your respect for the fact that WIM has found that Islam has set his life back on track - and that he had the courage to admit this to total strangers on a web forum. Faith works for some people, fair enough.

Last edited by shakh your bootie; May 18th 2008 at 4:52 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 18th 2008, 4:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Kicking weed ain't exactly hard, Eva......

But I share your respect for the fact that WIM has found that Islam has set his life back on track - and that he had the courage to admit this to total strangers on a web forum. Faith works for some people, fair enough.

Disagree SYB,kicking any addictive substance licet or otherwise ain't a walk in the park.Besides I kinda get the impression from reading WIM's posts, thc was the entry level............
Many people take refuge/comfort/strength in/from faith-good luck to them-me? weetabix and irn bru do the trick
Old May 18th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eva
Nope, almost done thou.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:04 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

To ban me would be hypocritical...
Don't worry. The poll is meaningless as well as somewhat tasteless because it targeted named BE people such as yourself and Beard Man. Ideally, the poll should have been deleted by the moderator under the Site Rules. I am sure that if I saw my name up there on a poll to ban or not ban me would be very upsetting - no matter which way the poll went.

Only the moderator can ban someone.

Yours and Beard Man's contributions to the board in the last week have been considerable, with a large number of posts and equal number of replies. Most found it stimulating if not somewhat perplexing (differing cultural viewpoints)

SYB's advice is good - let sleeping dogs lie and move onto other topics.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Disagree SYB,kicking any addictive substance licet or otherwise ain't a walk in the park.Besides I kinda get the impression from reading WIM's posts, thc was the entry level............
Many people take refuge/comfort/strength in/from faith-good luck to them-me? weetabix and irn bru do the trick
Weetabix, eh? You must be regular as clockwork.....
Old May 18th 2008, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope, almost done thou.
Get it done - we're expecting you to get a first, young man.

{ooh ain't it grand being old enough to act paternal....}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.