Banned ads

Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Banned ads

This ad has just been banned in the UK. reasoning for this is;

We noted that the model was holding up the perfume bottle which rested in her lap between her legs and we considered that its position was sexually provocative."

They continued, "We understood the model was 17 years old but we considered she looked under the age of 16. We considered that the length of her dress, her leg and position of the perfume bottle drew attention to her sexuality. Because of that, along with her appearance, we considered the ad could be seen to sexualise a child."
I'm not sure why they have picked up on this as there is far worse about- whats everyone else think?
Attached Thumbnails Banned ads-dakota-fanning-racy-ad.jpg  
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banned ads

It looks like she is masturbating or about to do so but I think it was her childish look that upset some people.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

I'm not sure why they have picked up on this as there is far worse about- whats everyone else think?
I can't see anything wrong with it...seems some people are so worried about the "sexualising of children" that they are willing to ban an ad with a woman who clearly looks over 16 and isn't doing anything particularly sexy.

Maybe soon all models will be required to be over 40 and skirts will only be allowed below the knee. After that we can expect burkas to keep our women safe from sexual predators no doubt.

N.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:55 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond parody.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:59 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

slightly provocative but that's about it.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:18 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

But it's a lousy ad so no loss.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a pramface / jailbait. Just for that I'm glad not to see her again.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 5:32 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seven seas
Looks like a pramface / jailbait. Just for that I'm glad not to see her again.
It is the American actress Dakota Fanning, she played Tom Cruise's daughter in War of The Worlds, and more recently was in the Twilight movies.

From what I have read, the perfume company wanted to go for the "Lolita" look, so I guess they got what they deserved with the ban.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:27 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Banned ads

I used to worry about rubbish like this but then I picked up a Spanish magazine and now I'm just never worried about us Britishers . Whatever is being printed in the UK is just nowhere near pushing boundaries.