Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Old Apr 8th 2012, 1:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think the problem with the shirts not fitting is due to them being a 124cm waist. I'm pretty sure I get mine measured to fit my neck and chest.
All off the peg (you wait till your kids are in their late teens / at uni), and are all 16 1/2 but even among the same make (mainly Lewin) they're different sizes round the waist.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 2:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Preparation Week: Day 7
08:30 20 mins HIIT on Concept2. 4,600m. Sweaty and panting by the end. Good start to my birthday!

Meals / Snacks
08:20 Lemon squeezed into big glass of water
10:00 Shake: protein, oats, frozen strawberries, apple vinegar.
12:30 2 boiled eggs
14:30 ½ serving of sheesh tawook: grilled chicken, salad, small amount of rice, a little hummous, diet coke (first fizzy drink this week).
18:00 Cake! 2 small piece of cake
21:00 The Rupee Room curry—this will be part of my weekly free day

What I Did Well Today
 Good workout, even though on holiday
 Free day / birthday, but kept splurge to a minimum
 No booze

What I Should Do / Do Better Tomorrow
 Tomorrow's Day 1 of the 12-week countdown, so do it seriously
 Will be out most of the day, so go prepared
Old Apr 9th 2012, 6:50 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
175cm
Cheers, anyhow it seems to be going well for you but the only concern I have is how sustainable it is or how it can become part of your normal routine. Because it seems quite involved compared to say having breakfast, lunch and dinner and not eating at other times.
Plus of course all the exercise. It seems the key is that it becomes part of your life so getting up at stupid o' clock to exercise is a habit i think that will be too easy to break.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Commander was that the Areofit testing you had? Been to a few talks by them seems good stuff. Everyone says slow down on the speed when training and learn to burn fat not Glycogen. Very important for Ultras.

I'm with you on the beer thing as well.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 3:06 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

All off the peg (you wait till your kids are in their late teens / at uni), and are all 16 1/2 but even among the same make (mainly Lewin) they're different sizes round the waist.
ah, yes. some of TJ Lewin styles have "slim fit" styling (ie teenage boys / uni grads who didnt study engineering). you need to go for the "classic" style.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:28 pm
Hit 16's

Week 1: Day 1
09:30 Upper body workout
14:30 15 minutes outdoor karting at Al Ain
19:30 30 minutes gentle swim

Meals / Snacks
08:30 Lemon squeezed into big glass of water
09:15 Shake: protein, oats, frozen strawberries, apple vinegar, honey.
10:30 3 fried eggs, 1/3 tin tomatoes
13:30 Handful of nuts
16:00 Burger King (boys were starving after karting): just the meat patties, veg and 3 chips
20:30 Home-made Bolognese sauce and mixed salad

What I Did Well Today
 Good workout
 Ate ok even though out most of the day
 No booze

 Cleaner protein sources
 Keep doing more of the same
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:29 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
ah, yes. some of TJ Lewin styles have "slim fit" styling (ie teenage boys / uni grads who didnt study engineering). you need to go for the "classic" style.
For now

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Apr 9th 2012 at 5:36 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 5:36 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Cheers, anyhow it seems to be going well for you but the only concern I have is how sustainable it is or how it can become part of your normal routine. Because it seems quite involved compared to say having breakfast, lunch and dinner and not eating at other times.
Plus of course all the exercise. It seems the key is that it becomes part of your life so getting up at stupid o' clock to exercise is a habit i think that will be too easy to break.
I know what you mean, but I'm making eating every 2 - 2 1/2 hours the routine--wasn't so easy today coz I was out doing things with the family, but once I'm back at work it becomes easy.

I'm quite used to getting up around 6, so I hope it won't be a habit that's easy to break.

Anyway, I'm just trying to keep focussed on the next 11 weeks and 6 days until I go to Shanghai, and the Ted Baker shirt hung prominently in my wardrobe that leaps out at me every morning. As I've said before, I know that this regime isn't sustainable indefinitely, and its not meant to be.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

At 10.30?

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 10th 2012 at 2:33 am. Reason: .
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:30 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by The Dean

At 10.30?
That's my breakfast! I'm on holiday most of this week--and what's wrong with tinned toms?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

That's my breakfast! I'm on holiday most of this week--and what's wrong with tinned toms?
Nothing........... I just don't think they 'go with' fried eggs.........
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
Nothing........... I just don't think they 'go with' fried eggs.........
Toms are one of Satan's foods. Along with Tuna, Mushrooms and the KitKat Chunky
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:20 am
Hit 16's

10 April 2012: Week 1: Day 2
06:00 4 min warm up, 20 min HIIT on Concept2; 4,896m

Meals / Snacks
05:50 Lemon squeezed into big glass of water
08:15 Shake: protein, oats, apple vinegar
10:50 Boiled egg
13:15 Small tin of sardines in water (ugh), an apple
16:15 Boiled egg
17:30 Small handful of nuts, glass of low fat milk
19:30 Iranian meal: grilled meats, veg, hummous, moutabul; kept the portions small
22:30 Glass of skimmed milk

What I Did Well Today
 Good workout
 Clean protein sources
 Ate out with my family, and stuck to the plan (including small portions)
 No booze (11 days now)

 Keep doing more of the same, although could probably do with more veg during the day
 Go heavier on the leg presses, do crunches as well as hanging leg raises
 Don't buy the sardines in water & salt again—horrible
 Plan for a long, moderately-paced row of about an hour sometime this week
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

[B]

13:15 Small tin of sardines in water (ugh), an apple
Dont give up on the sardines - nice (lowish) powerhouse of proteins

I make sardines/tuna patties (mix with protein powder as the binder), different herbs and spices (and maybe an egg) and fry in ghee (or under the grill if you are going low fat)
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sardines, egg & protein powder Sounds like some kind of torture.

BB - do us a favour & go easy on the boiled eggs on 25th. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.