Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

Old May 3rd 2012, 5:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahtatboy's Blubber-Slashing Blog

02 May 2012: Week 4: Day 3
06:00 Chest and back (will do shoulders and arms this evening)
20:30 Shoulders and arms

06:00 Lemon squeezed into large glass of water
07:00 Post-resistance-training shake: 2 scoops protein powder, oats, frozen berries, vinegar
10:00 Handful of nuts, glass of low-fat milk
12:00 3-egg omelette
14:30 Handful of nuts, glass of low-fat milk
17:30 Sardines in tomato sauce
20:00 Shake: 2 scoops protein powder, oats, frozen strawberries, vinegar
21:30 Tuna and tin toms

What I Did Well Today
 Back in the groove
 Back on track after a holding pattern while away

What I Should Do / Do Better Tomorrow
 Improve Concept2 time
 Make sure meals are evenly spaced
 Remember that Thursday nights aren't meant to be what they used to be…

03 May 2012: Week 4: Day 4
20:30 5 mins warm up; 21 mins HIIT on Concept2 (at Week 4 split times): Calculated distance = 4,486m; current PB = 4,482m; actual = 4,487m
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
02 May 2012: Week 4: Day 3
06:00 Chest and back (will do shoulders and arms this evening)
20:30 Shoulders and arms

06:00 Lemon squeezed into large glass of water
07:00 Post-resistance-training shake: 2 scoops protein powder, oats, frozen berries, vinegar
10:00 Handful of nuts, glass of low-fat milk
12:00 3-egg omelette
14:30 Handful of nuts, glass of low-fat milk

What I Did Well Today
 Back in the groove
 Back on track after a holding pattern while away

 Improve Concept2 time
 Make sure meals are evenly spaced
 Remember that Thursday nights aren't meant to be what they used to be…

20:30 5 mins warm up; 21 mins HIIT on Concept2 (at Week 4 split times): Calculated distance = 4,486m; current PB = 4,482m; actual = 4,487m
SO what is the plan for tonight then? What do you do to keep busy and out the boozer?
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
SO what is the plan for tonight then? What do you do to keep busy and out the boozer?
I did both morning and evening gym sessions yesterday, and had (loosely) planned to do CV this morning but couldn't struggle out of bed by the requird 6:00. Which means that I must do it tonight--which was half in my mind this morning, knowing that there'd be temptation this evening. Will stay late at the office (to miss the worst of the maniacal Thursday evening traffic between AD and Dubai), get home about 8, then go to the gym. Won't have the energy or inclination to go out afterwards, plus I have to be up early in the morning for a social event in AD: I was toying with the idea of staying with a friend in AD tonight, but knew that if I did so I'd miss both this evening's and tomorrow morning's workout, and risk drinking--horrible double whammy.

Plus last week wasn't great (for eating and exercise), its now only 8 weeks and 4 days till I go to Shanghai; I know myself well enough that if I falter now I won't recover. That's what's driving me--as well as The Dean's (very welcome) jibes about my 2011 plan that fell by the wayside.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried fasting - make give you a new kick start (i always think that the body is smarter and gets used to a diet or condition hence the stalling on weight loss or muscle gain - hence the need for a body shock regularly)
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I did both morning and evening gym sessions yesterday, and had (loosely) planned to do CV this morning but couldn't struggle out of bed by the requird 6:00. Which means that I must do it tonight--which was half in my mind this morning, knowing that there'd be temptation this evening. Will stay late at the office (to miss the worst of the maniacal Thursday evening traffic between AD and Dubai), get home about 8, then go to the gym. Won't have the energy or inclination to go out afterwards, plus I have to be up early in the morning for a social event in AD: I was toying with the idea of staying with a friend in AD tonight, but knew that if I did so I'd miss both this evening's and tomorrow morning's workout, and risk drinking--horrible double whammy.

Plus last week wasn't great (for eating and exercise), its now only 8 weeks and 4 days till I go to Shanghai; I know myself well enough that if I falter now I won't recover. That's what's driving me--as well as The Dean's (very welcome) jibes about my 2011 plan that fell by the wayside.
Awesome.

Cannot fault your thought processes and planning ahead to mitigate risks etc.

You should work in a commercial / contracts department......
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Have you tried fasting - make give you a new kick start (i always think that the body is smarter and gets used to a diet or condition hence the stalling on weight loss or muscle gain - hence the need for a body shock regularly)
You're obsessed by fasting. It simply cannot be good for a body.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
You're obsessed by fasting. It simply cannot be good for a body.
Nor was the 7 pints of Heineken I put down last night followed by naked pizza, but I still do it.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:05 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
It may work in some situations, but I'm taxing my body pretty hard at the moment and it needs nutrients for both energy and--more importantly--repair. My main aim is fat loss, not weight loss: when the body is in a state of fast it won't automatically turn to fat stores, catabolism will affect muscle, too.

However, I agree with you regarding stasis: at week 6 or 7, provided the fat loss is going well, I plan a moderately-high carb week (still maintaing high protein intake) with the intention of greater muscle-building, although I will have to increase the workout intensity.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:57 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Sure I've said it before, but do 30mins of v-low intensity running/walking/cycling/rowing first thing in the morning BEFORE you have any breakfast. Just hydrate with water.

3 times a week and you will get a fat burning benefit from this. It will help your body to become more efficient at burning fat than carbs.

Don't trust me, trust world champion athletes who all can be seen at times running very very slowly...they are doing it deliberately.

I train very specifically in 2 zones, very low intensity and very high intensity. I have only adapted to this method recently after professional consultation and the results are outstanding.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Sure I've said it before, but do 30mins of v-low intensity running/walking/cycling//rowing first thing in the morning BEFORE you have any breakfast. Just hydrate with water.

3 times a week and you will get a fat burning benefit from this. It will help your body to become more efficient at burning fat than carbs.

Don't trust me, trust world champion athletes who all can be seen at times running very very slowly...they are doing it deliberately.

I train very specifically in 2 zones, very low intensity and very high intensity. I have only adapted to this method recently after professional consultation and the results are outstanding.
can you please define v-low intensity? Do you literally mean just walking?
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
can you please define v-low intensity? Do you literally mean just walking?
In some cases yes, depends on your condition with regards to your current Fat/carbs ratio. The percentage swing from fat-carb burning varies with heart rate so it differs for everyone.

Personally, I run quite slowly and keep my Heart rate at a specific level. It does mean I get people running past me in the morning giving me that 'owned' look as they pass me...little do they know ;-)

I know what my optimum heart rate is for training my body to be more efficient at burning fat after getting tested. It really opened my eyes to how to train efficiently and do away with junk hours in the gym. Mix this training with a couple of HIIT runs and bikes or rows and the results are pretty good.

Anyway, I'm in bed right now, I have a 4am 5hour very low intensity bike training session tomorrow. Ill do this at a specific wattage/HR and be very careful about my carb intake as I'm am training my body to be more efficient in fat burning.
Fine balance though as if you get it wrong, the term 'hitting the wall' or 'bonking' becomes a real danger..
Old May 6th 2012, 5:00 am
Hit 16's

20:30 5 mins warm up; 21 mins HIIT on Concept2 (at Week 4 split times): Calculated distance = 4,486m; current PB = 4,482m; actual = 4,537m

07:30 Shake: 2 scoops protein powder, oats, frozen strawberries, vinegar
11:00 Shake: 2 scoops protein powder, oats, frozen berries, vinegar
13:30 3-egg omelette

What I Did Well Today
 PB on Concept2
 Didn't stay in AD which was the easy option, and would have meant missing 2 workouts and risking drinking

 Improve Concept2 time
 Don't drink!
Old May 6th 2012, 5:00 am
Hit 16's

04 May 2012: Week 4: Day 5
07:00 Legs workout
20:30 35 mins on Concept2, effort level 6-7, 7,207m

06:45 Lemon squeezed into big glass of water
09:15 2 fried eggs, pork(?) patty, muffin, hash brown, coffee (aka McD sausage egg mcmuffin with extra egg: bit of a lapse, but carbs + protein after resistance workout is OK)
pm Nuts (was on a fishing boat, resisting the booze, nothing else to eat: didn't fancy Hammour sashimi)
17:00 2 small chunks Cadbury's Fruit n Nut
19:00 Grilled salmon, steamed veg, small portion rice (at Ikea on the way home: boy do I know how to live it up)
21:30 Shake: 2 scoops protein powder, frozen berries

What I Did Well Today
 No booze despite most of my mates knocking it back while we were fishing
 2 workouts

 Improve Concept2 time
Old May 6th 2012, 5:01 am
Hit 16's

05 May 2012: Week 4: Day 6
18:30 5 mins warm up; 21 mins HIIT on Concept2 (at Week 4 split times): Calculated distance = 4,486m; current PB = 4,537m; actual = 4,538m

Workout Data (from Suunto T3C):
Activity Class: 7.5
Duration: 27mins
Av HR: 71% of theoretical max
Peak HR: 85% of theoretical max
Energy: 339kcal
TE (Training Effect): 2.9

10:00 3 scrambled eggs, tin of toms
14:00 125g topside steak, mushrooms, brocolli, olive oil
16:30 Nuts and skimmed milk
20:00 Tin salmon, ½ yellow pepper
22:00 Glass of skimmed milk

1 cup special Green Tea containing 150mg catechins
1 Fat Metabolizer tab: Vitamin B6, Cayenne Pepper, Chromium, L-Cartinine Tartrate, Kola Nut, Uva Arsi
200mg fish oil tab

What I Did Well Today
 No-booze weekend
 PB on Concept2 (by 1 metre: every little counts!)
 Sneaked onto scales this morning: 97.3kg, nearly 4kg down since start

 Up at 5:45 to do upper body workout
 3 cups special Green Tea
 2 Fat Metabolizer tabs
Old May 6th 2012, 5:12 am
Account Closed

What I Did Well Today
 No-booze weekend
As far as I'm concerned, that's monumental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.