Bag checks at arrival

Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bag checks at arrival

Hi all,

I'm back and now in need of a holiday!

Coming through the airport I yet again had my bags checked- I don't think I have ever come through without being pulled aside- now despite what you may think I don't look shifty or dodgy so why do I always get checked? Is it being a single female traveller? does anyone else get pulled over every time they fly in?

xxx
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bag checks at arrival

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi all,

Coming through the airport I yet again had my bags checked- I don't think I have ever come through without being pulled aside- now despite what you may think I don't look shifty or dodgy so why do I always get checked? Is it being a single female traveller? does anyone else get pulled over every time they fly in?

xxx
Only once here... but I once did a job in Istanbul for 6 weeks and would commute back and forth each week to London. I would get stopped every time without fail on entering and leaving Turkey. I even got pulled out of the check-in queue once and taken to a separate room to be searched.

just be humble.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

xxx
Never ever for me, and I do look dodgy.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Never ever for me, and I do look dodgy.
Only been stopped once in Doha by a very ignorant customs officer who made me lift my suitcase onto a high bench and then asked where I was travelling from and did I have any videos - he then wrote something in Arabic on my case with white chalk - it was the old airport that looked like a shed so I expect they are a bit more organised now......
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Only once here... but I once did a job in Istanbul for 6 weeks and would commute back and forth each week to London. I would get stopped every time without fail on entering and leaving Turkey. I even got pulled out of the check-in queue once and taken to a separate room to be searched.

just be humble.
You must look dodgy then!! Not suprised that you had problems renting a car in AD
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:23 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

we got stopped the last time we came through - family with 2 small ratty children, bags full of booze from the Duty Free and er, quite a few food-stuffs and a plastic bottle of cooking brandy in the suitcase... they put everything through the x-ray (not the kids) and didn't even look at the screen. Tick.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

zaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the rough

Never going in to Dubai which is nice -even though I look a little bit eeeee and a little bit oooo

But they don't appreciate 'my type in the U.S where I do get stopped and questioned every damn time.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
You must look dodgy then!! Not suprised that you had problems renting a car in AD
it all became a bit of a joke. On that particular occasion, I was also stopped just before I got on to the plane and searched again. They were clearly looking for something / someone and thought that person was me but I have no idea what.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
it all became a bit of a joke. On that particular occasion, I was also stopped just before I got on to the plane and searched again. They were clearly looking for something / someone and thought that person was me but I have no idea what.
well, they stopped me once arrived from London, I think they spotted some binoculars I had and the girls wanted to know if they were night vision and the 'size' so they kept asking ''how big is it'' asked what they said the thing..I was like ohh that? its medium

mind you this was just immediate after Kidon boys did that Al Bustan job with the Hamas dude, so I understood.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:10 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bag seach only once in 2 1/2 years coming into AUH. Most interest was in the DVDs, he wasn't too sure about The Big Bang Theory given Penny's (?) boobs on the cover, but it was a pretty cursory check. Always get pulled over at LBA, bag x-rayed and asked if I aware that its illegal to bring certain things into the UK.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

xxx

Flying into DXB - 9/10 times

Flying into LGW - every bloody time!

I don't look like a scruffy mess, I have decent luggage, I am not nervous so I don't know why.

Conclusion: I must look really dodgy
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Flying into DXB - 9/10 times

Flying into LGW - every bloody time!

I don't look like a scruffy mess, I have decent luggage, I am not nervous so I don't know why.

Conclusion: I must look really dodgy
Definately, you look like a drug lord.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

never been stopped for my bags to be searched, thank god, what a pain in the arse...but always set off the bleepy thing and have to be frisked...

MM, x
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
never been stopped for my bags to be searched, thank god, what a pain in the arse...but always set off the bleepy thing and have to be frisked...

MM, x
I never set it off.

What are you doing wrong?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I never set it off.

What are you doing wrong?
i used to think it was the underwire in my bra, but then everyone would set it off...so i honestly don't know...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.