Baby Camel Burgers

Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby Camel Burgers

Saudi restaurant serves baby camel burgers

Delicate to taste and low in fat ‘Hashi’ Baby Camel burgers is the new craze among fast food lovers in Saudi Arabia.
A fast food restaurant is offering baby camel burgers as the latest way for the camel-crazed country to enjoy one of their favourite delicacies.
"The idea...was to invent something new. It is about the love of Saudi people for camel meat," said Saleh Quwaisi, one of the owners of the Local Hashi Meals restaurant in the capital Riyadh which plans to open a second branch soon and considers to expand further.
The experiment with baby camel burgers has met with enthusiasm in a country where the camel is a symbol of nomadic traditions.

Walid Sanchez, managing director of sufraiti.com, a popular Saudi online dining directory, sees a huge market for camel burgers as Saudis like to try out new menus and appreciate the quality of locally made meat.
"People like camel meat but no one experimented with camel burgers before...I think it will be a popular thing, it will definitely take off," said Sanchez.
Customers visiting the packed restaurant in Riyadh on a weekend night agreed.
"I'm frankly trying it for the first time and I really like it," said Mohammad Naghi. "It doesn't have much fat, it's light and has a delicate taste," he said as he chewed away
Riyadh, which is home to one of the biggest camel markets on the Arabian peninsula, regularly hosts camel races, and every year in various places across the kingdom there are pageants - where a winner could claim hundreds of thousands of dollars.

http://www.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/sa.../10329585.html
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Camel Burgers

Originally Posted by coffindodger

Delicate to taste and low in fat ‘Hashi’ Baby Camel burgers is the new craze among fast food lovers in Saudi Arabia.
A fast food restaurant is offering baby camel burgers as the latest way for the camel-crazed country to enjoy one of their favourite delicacies.
"The idea...was to invent something new. It is about the love of Saudi people for camel meat," said Saleh Quwaisi, one of the owners of the Local Hashi Meals restaurant in the capital Riyadh which plans to open a second branch soon and considers to expand further.
The experiment with baby camel burgers has met with enthusiasm in a country where the camel is a symbol of nomadic traditions.

Walid Sanchez, managing director of sufraiti.com, a popular Saudi online dining directory, sees a huge market for camel burgers as Saudis like to try out new menus and appreciate the quality of locally made meat.
"People like camel meat but no one experimented with camel burgers before...I think it will be a popular thing, it will definitely take off," said Sanchez.
"I'm frankly trying it for the first time and I really like it," said Mohammad Naghi. "It doesn't have much fat, it's light and has a delicate taste," he said as he chewed away
Riyadh, which is home to one of the biggest camel markets on the Arabian peninsula, regularly hosts camel races, and every year in various places across the kingdom there are pageants - where a winner could claim hundreds of thousands of dollars.

McCamel Royale...

and the variants will be Chicken McCamel and Beef McCamel with jalapenos...

Hardees will introduce Humpy Deluxe...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Baby camels, (less than 6 months) are usually used for Emiratee weddings and holidays. They are roasted in a pit in the ground.
The hump is the most desired part. I found it delicious.

I bet those burgers are pretty good.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by buddymom
Baby camels, (less than 6 months) are usually used for Emiratee weddings and holidays. They are roasted in a pit in the ground.

But alot of Saudis love camels in the flesh rather than cooked on the plate so I don't see the craze lasting.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by buddymom

me too love the stuff, yummm
Old Jul 11th 2009, 2:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger

I ate camel in Oz, it's pretty tasty.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I ate camel in Oz, it's pretty tasty.
Japanese Wagyu camels are the best...
Angus Prime camel is not half bad either...But it has to be corn fed at some point...