Average speed cameras

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Average speed cameras

How do they work?

If I've sat in a queue and then floored I'll be ok as long as my average is within the speed limit? no?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:11 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average speed cameras

Originally Posted by kittycat1
How do they work?

If I've sat in a queue and then floored I'll be ok as long as my average is within the speed limit? no?
They measure time taken to travel between cameras and determine average speed, hence if you are stood still for a while presumably this is not counted, so you can join the locals and floor your accelerator, let us know if it doesn't work

Last edited by rowell; Sep 23rd 2013 at 8:14 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

How do they work?

It's the time between 2 points so you can chill 50 below the limit for a bit and then drive it like you stole it for the remainder as long as you ensure you are above the minimum time.

Why where have they put average speed cameras?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

How do they work?

Yes, you'll be ok.

When the new bollard-type cameras were installed on the SZR I heard that they were enabled to measure average speed. There are two requirements for a system to measure average speed: cameras with sufficient resolution to capture registration numbers, and the hardware/software capable of transmitting, storing and analysing the data. I don't know if the installed cameras have sufficient resolution (but they probably have); hardware would require cabling between the cameras and back to a control centre, which is almost certainly in place, and the software is an easy add-on. It all, of course, should have been installed and enabled from day one...
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

You're safe if they install two cameras: one at each end.

If they install several cameras along your route, your average speed can be measured for the entire route as well as for small sections.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

This was in the uk on my way to the airport this morning - m25
Old Sep 24th 2013, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

This was in the uk on my way to the airport this morning - m25
Mmmmm, UK! They can be bastardos! The trick which used to work for some of them (the ones where the cameras are overhead on the gantry) was to make sure you change lanes. I.e don't come out of the road works in the same lane as the one you went in on. Apparently the cameras were linked one to one and not group to group.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Changing lane theory - wasn't that just myth?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 6:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Changing lane theory - wasn't that just myth?
Yep.