The Auction House

Old Sep 21st 2014, 9:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Auction House

Just posting this in here as I am not sure if you have heard about a new auction house that opened during the summer, now that I have bought all the bargains I required I thought it was time to share with you lot. Two auctions every weekend, Friday and Saturday at 2 pm with viewing beforehand. I got a two seater sofa from The One a few weeks ago for 100 dhs. Bargain.

The Auction House Dubai
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: The Auction House

Was it good?
Was it busy?
Is there decent stuff for sale?
Do you go in the morning, have a look at all the stuff and then go back later or can you look around and wait for auction?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of using them to sell some surplus furniture but was told by an Indian acquaintance that they charge 20% commission and require a Dhs1,500 refundable deposit from potential bidders, which sounds unlikely. The radio also advertises "cash converters" on SZR which presumably offers a similar service. While on here, we are down-sizing to a 2-bed apartment at the end of the year, so will be on the lookout for a new place shortly. Maximum Dhs85K near Dubai Creek but preferably not Deira. Any thoughts?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
I was thinking of using them to sell some surplus furniture but was told by an Indian acquaintance that they charge 20% commission and require a Dhs1,500 refundable deposit from potential bidders, which sounds unlikely. The radio also advertises "cash converters" on SZR which presumably offers a similar service. While on here, we are down-sizing to a 2-bed apartment at the end of the year, so will be on the lookout for a new place shortly. Maximum Dhs85K near Dubai Creek but preferably not Deira. Any thoughts?
Mirdiff?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:12 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Mirdiff?
nah too pricey these days
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
nah too pricey these days
Really?

I remember friends looking to move out there to save some more cash, we looked at some places that were alright 2 beds for 50k~ish.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Was it good?
Was it busy?
Is there decent stuff for sale?
Do you go in the morning, have a look at all the stuff and then go back later or can you look around and wait for auction?
you can go anytime to have a look and see what is going into the auction, but you can also have a quick shifty on the day of the auction. Basically you register, hand over your credit card, bid, if you buy the cost of whatever you have bought is added onto your credit card. You have 48 hours to arrange collection of items or if they are small you can take them with you there and then. There is a removal company there on the day who you can liaise with to arrange delivery of bigger items. Loads of sofas and bedrooms sets etc.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:50 am
Concierge

why would you not expect them to charge 20% commission? they are offering a service. At the end of the day you can put a reserve on your goods and take them home if they don't sell. As for the 1500 dhs, yes bidders do leave a deposit to ensure that they buy the items that they have bidded for on the day. Its not great problem just hand over your credit card, it is given back to you at the end of the auction.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you can go anytime to have a look and see what is going into the auction, but you can also have a quick shifty on the day of the auction. Basically you register, hand over your credit card, bid, if you buy the cost of whatever you have bought is added onto your credit card. You have 48 hours to arrange collection of items or if they are small you can take them with you there and then. There is a removal company there on the day who you can liaise with to arrange delivery of bigger items. Loads of sofas and bedrooms sets etc.
Sweet. Thanks BC. I love a good auction.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

where exactly is it?
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I remember friends looking to move out there to save some more cash, we looked at some places that were alright 2 beds for 50k~ish.
Scampy mate, if you can point me in the direction of a 2-bed apartment in Mirdif for 50k-ish, I will be pleasantly surprised. Most seem to be in the region of 85K and upwards, even in Karama
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 6:59 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
where exactly is it?
http://theauctionhousedubai.com/wp/contact/
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:00 am
Concierge

Sweet. Thanks BC. I love a good auction.
so do I, I have been going for weeks!
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Scampy mate, if you can point me in the direction of a 2-bed apartment in Mirdif for 50k-ish, I will be pleasantly surprised. Most seem to be in the region of 85K and upwards, even in Karama
Fair enough, guess like everywhere they've sky rocketed in price.

What about Silicon? Not too bad to get to Creek area.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 7:24 am
Concierge

Fair enough, guess like everywhere they've sky rocketed in price.

What about Silicon? Not too bad to get to Creek area.
International City

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.