Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Arrests down.... deaths up....

Arrests down.... deaths up....

Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrests down.... deaths up....

It's that "Brits in the UAE" report you've all been waiting for............ Dubai is as dangerous as Mexico, South Africa and Jamaica, you know.....

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/fewer...se-414242.html

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 5th 2011 at 7:44 am. Reason: .
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrests down.... deaths up....

Originally Posted by The Dean
It's that "Brits in the UAE" report you've all been waiting for............ Dubai is as dangerous as Mexico, South Africa and Jamaica, you know.....

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/fewer...se-414242.html
If Dubai had the internal gang problems Mexico has, they would need Western military help to quell it.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:53 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

The Gulf state arrested 217 British tourists and expatriates between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2010, down from 265 arrests in the same period a year earlier.
I think they didn't proofread the article very well. Who knows what other mistakes are in there..?
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by norsk
I think they didn't proofread the article very well. Who knows what other mistakes are in there..?
Orwell called it "Newspeak!"
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I notie that the resident brits number quoted was 100k again. I thought the FCO had downgraded it to 50k? There was a thread a while back..

I'd also like to know what the conviction rate was and the role of the automobile in the deaths and hospitalisation.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

No one knows what the population statistics are for the UAE except the powers that be, and they aren't releasing them for whatever reason.

What's the actual population of Dubai? Can anyone tell me? I've heard anything from 1.5 to 2 million. Big range, isn't it?

Originally Posted by al dente
I notie that the resident brits number quoted was 100k again. I thought the FCO had downgraded it to 50k? There was a thread a while back..

I'd also like to know what the conviction rate was and the role of the automobile in the deaths and hospitalisation.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente

That thread.................

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...83#post9348083
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
No one knows what the population statistics are for the UAE except the powers that be, and they aren't releasing them for whatever reason.

What's the actual population of Dubai? Can anyone tell me? I've heard anything from 1.5 to 2 million. Big range, isn't it?
Amazing that they have all the figures but can't seem collate them
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
Thank you for going the extra mile.