Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

April Jones murder trial begins

April Jones murder trial begins

Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Default April Jones murder trial begins

It seems the police knew a lot more than they let on from the very early days of her disappearance. I remember when he was arrested they said he was known to Police, it makes you wonder how much they knew about him and what he was into before it happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22353735

how long before this becomes a debate on the death penalty?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 2:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April Jones murder trial begins

Aren't there always people demanding the death penalty in such cases - even before anyone has been arrested? From what I saw, there was almost a lynch mob mentality for anyone even questioned in connection with her disappearance.

It's a horrible, desperately sad case, but fortunately quite rare.

In my opinion, the death penalty is about revenge, not punishment.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 2:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The most annoying thing is that the **** won't tell anyone where she is. At least with a body laid to rest the family would have somewhere to go and mourn, It must be awful.

I don't believe in the death penalty I would much rather he spent every day looking over his shoulder and getting abused by leroy and his pals.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

I agree, it must be torture for the parents. But hearing that there's bone fragments in his house and remains similar to a juvenile skull in the fire place means she will never be found, thats probably why the police have admitted they dont think they will ever find her, so sad but as already pointed out, fortunately rare.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Jury were sent home by the judge after having to look at images taken from his computer of children performing sick acts on adults.

I agree death penalty is too easy for them but unfortunatly he wont be Leroys bitch because more than likely he will be sent to Full Sutton which is a Cat A peado jail..Ian Huntley was, or still is there, were he will live amongst like minded sickos and be able to swap stories whilst playing on his playstation.

I think a lot more to this story is going to come out after his conviction.