April 1st?

Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default April 1st?

Customer service excellence in UAE ‘better than many countries, particularly European’ | The National
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April 1st?

Article written by the president of the Dubai-based International Customer Service Institute, so hardly unexpected or he would lose his job.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

The MiddleEast does not know what Customer service is. When I lived there, many a time it seemed like me the buyer was doing the seller a favour ; that's how the seller made it seem. Refunds for defective stuff was out of the question.

The smaller/independent shops are set up such that if you want to look at a product, you have to get the shop keeper to hand the stuff over to you, which is a chore because you want to be able to read the product descriptions of many items and pestering the shop keeper time and again is not doable.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Sep 22nd 2015 at 8:55 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The MiddleEast does not know what Customer service is. When I lived there, many a time it seemed like me the buyer was doing the seller a favour ; that's how the seller made it seem. Refunds for defective stuff was out of the question.
My go-to bar here (one of only three in a town of some 300,000 people) won't exchange a bottle of wine if it's off. C'est la vie.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 11:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The smaller/independent shops are set up such that if you want to look at a product, you have to get the shop keeper to hand the stuff over to you, which is a chore because you want to be able to read the product descriptions of many items and pestering the shop keeper time and again is not doable.
There are consumer laws that, from memory, have been in place since 2006 although stores have largely only complied in the past few years. I've had items replaced since 2007 by a) pointing out that there is a law and they have to follow it and b) being bloody minded and insistent when required. It didn't help that staff were not aware and were just following orders.

That said customer service has a long way to go but I can't wholly blame staff as many are poorly trained and treated and paid badly. I would do the bare minimum if I was paid as little as most customer facing employees.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

aaargh ! Wrong thread. Caffeine deficiency strikes again.

Last edited by scot47; Sep 23rd 2015 at 1:08 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
There are consumer laws that, from memory, have been in place since 2006 although stores have largely only complied in the past few years. I've had items replaced since 2007 by a) pointing out that there is a law and they have to follow it and b) being bloody minded and insistent when required. It didn't help that staff were not aware and were just following orders.

That said customer service has a long way to go but I can't wholly blame staff as many are poorly trained and treated and paid badly. I would do the bare minimum if I was paid as little as most customer facing employees.
I was last there in the mid 90s so things have changed for the better I see.

Agree that it isn't really the employees fault as they are poorly paid and treated.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 7:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was last there in the mid 90s so things have changed for the better I see.

Agree that it isn't really the employees fault as they are poorly paid and treated.
Having just posted a message on another thread regarding ME/Maghreb countries, I'm actually struggling to think of a Muslim country which has well paid and properly-treated employees.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The main thing being that the Customer Service element of this region is done by....people not from this region.

It's like saying the previous inhabitants of the moon are wankers. When really they're just American.