British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   antihistamine (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/antihistamine-576548/)

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 8:55 am

antihistamine

Ok my legs and ankles are going mad, I'm so itchy I can't even concentrate,

doctor says one antihistamine a day, I've taken two already and it's bad, what will happen if I take more???

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 9:12 am

Re: antihistamine

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7032367)

doctor says one antihistamine a day, I've taken two already and it's bad, what will happen if I take more???

no idea...try it and let us know ok...

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7032405)
no idea...try it and let us know ok...

well I've took it anyway and it was twice as strong as the last ones.

And sorry to bore you all, but I found nowt on google (yes I did actually check),

so if I die, pass out or piss myself....you'll be the first to know.

Inselaffen Dec 3rd 2008 9:24 am

won't do any good. I find that they get rid of the initial itching but not itching the following days

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7032434)
won't do any good. I find that they get rid of the initial itching but not itching the following days

oh for ****s sake, how long will this last?? xmas do tomorrow, all day at the beach then on the hoy

admon Dec 3rd 2008 9:32 am

Put some savlon on the bites. That will help with the itching.

Blue Cat Dec 3rd 2008 9:32 am

why are they itching? allergic reaction? which antihistamine have they given you?

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7032456)
why are they itching? allergic reaction? which antihistamine have they given you?

ok really, REALLY bad reaction to mosquitos, sandbugs - summat, all ankles are covered in red lumps, blotches - man its not nice, looks awful - I've taken 2 10mg tablets, first one did the trick then wore off, so been to boots and got some 20mg ones, taken one of those and got cream - cream to go on twice a day, I've had it on 6 times already - this is bloody awful man,

I had a few hours sleep as they are so bad, was up 5 times for either freezing cold or red hot shower on the blotches, actually went to hospital to get them looked at this morning rather than piss about with a doctor.

Blue Cat Dec 3rd 2008 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7032461)
ok really, REALLY bad reaction to mosquitos, sandbugs - summat, all ankles are covered in red lumps, blotches - man its not nice, looks awful - I've taken 2 10mg tablets, first one did the trick then wore off, so been to boots and got some 20mg ones, taken one of those and got cream - cream to go on twice a day, I've had it on 6 times already - this is bloody awful man,

I had a few hours sleep as they are so bad, was up 5 times for either freezing cold or red hot shower on the blotches, actually went to hospital to get them looked at this morning rather than piss about with a doctor.

you need an antihistamine injection, works a hell of a lot quicker than the tablets. Get some calamine lotion as well, it is pretty soothing. Another good thing is the aftersun stuff that has lignocaine in it, numbs it a bit. Poor you :(

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7032465)
you need an antihistamine injection, works a hell of a lot quicker than the tablets. Get some calamine lotion as well, it is pretty soothing. Another good thing is the aftersun stuff that has lignocaine in it, numbs it a bit. Poor you :(

where do I get these things from?

I;ve got no medical insurance at the moment so seeing the doc at the hospital cost me AED 480 :(

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:45 am

um, I'm starting to feel drowsy now....:huh:

Blue Cat Dec 3rd 2008 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7032471)
where do I get these things from?

I;ve got no medical insurance at the moment so seeing the doc at the hospital cost me AED 480 :(

you will get the aftersun in Boots, and if you are taking Clarityn, change it to Zirtek, it is better and is non drowsy. If it doesn't improve get yourself down to the Government hospital - the one near the Creek and go to their Casualty Unit. Can't remember the name, think is is Rashid Hospital. They are pretty good there.

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7032495)
you will get the aftersun in Boots, and if you are taking Clarityn, change it to Zirtek, it is better and is non drowsy. If it doesn't improve get yourself down to the Government hospital - the one near the Creek and go to their Casualty Unit. Can't remember the name, think is is Rashid Hospital. They are pretty good there.

got Clarityn and Zirtek...

Charismatic Dec 3rd 2008 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7032490)
um, I'm starting to feel drowsy now....:huh:

That's quite normal often, what have they got you on?

Blue Cat Dec 3rd 2008 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7032507)
got Clarityn and Zirtek...

Clarityn will make you drowsy, Zirtek won't. Wonder they they gave you the two of them?