Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal Cruelty in Dubai

Originally Posted by buddymom
Living in Al Ain for 2 years, we had nothing but locals in our hood.

A lot of the kids liked playing with the dog, but they always said "We have to go wash our hands now

Even when our rottweiller bit one of the kids, we talked the the neighbor, and they brought a peace offering. They slaughtered a lamb, and brought us some.
Its a gesture to thank Allah the kid wasnt badly hurt, and to express no hard feeling to us.
That was quite a day...
They slaughtered a lamb, and brought us some

They killed an animal because YOUR dog had bitten one of their children??? God, this part of the world is weird..........
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Its a pretty common Islamic tradition to slaughter a goat or lamb to offer thanks to Allah.
In this case, thanking him the kid wasnt hurt seriously.
Also to show there were no hard feelings. We would continue to be good neighbors.

This is what they told us...... Any Muslims on here feel free to correct or enlighten me.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no they don't like dogs because it is alleged that one dug up the grave of Prophet Mohammed. However, if you go to the dog show it is the Emirati's who have some of the best breeds in the show. Not sure about them not being allowed indoors though.
Correction BC - it is the Emiratis that win all the prizes; definitely not that they have the best breeds. You know Kyo is the BESTEST German Shepherd in the UAE, but was disqualified for being 45 kgs (as they are supposed to be) and not 29 kgs like Sheikh Mo's !!

they can keep cheetahs and lions in their houses but not dogs

Help - stop the world, I wanna get off before I lose it totally
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Correction BC - it is the Emiratis that win all the prizes; definitely not that they have the best breeds. You know Kyo is the BESTEST German Shepherd in the UAE, but was disqualified for being 45 kgs (as they are supposed to be) and not 29 kgs like Sheikh Mo's !!

they can keep cheetahs and lions in their houses but not dogs

Help - stop the world, I wanna get off before I lose it totally
disqualified Kyo!! bloody ridiculous!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Yes the ENGLISH judge said that since we're in the Middle East, and since German Shepherds are in the Pastoral Class, that means they should be working dogs. And as working dogs in the heat of the UAE, they cannot be over 30 kilos ........ I swear, this is true !!

So the top 7 prizes went to Sheikh Mo's GS's handled by K9 handlers who told me that Kyo was going to sweep the board before the actual competition. WHen I asked later, they said they had to keep the dogs on treadmills for 2.5 hours DAILY to keep their weight down.

Like - hellow?? They're German Shepherds you morons - NOT salukis !!

I was so disgusted, I refused to show Kyo any more which is why I haven't found him a girlfriend YET
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the ENGLISH judge said that since we're in the Middle East, and since German Shepherds are in the Pastoral Class, that means they should be working dogs. And as working dogs in the heat of the UAE, they cannot be over 30 kilos ........ I swear, this is true !!

So the top 7 prizes went to Sheikh Mo's GS's handled by K9 handlers who told me that Kyo was going to sweep the board before the actual competition. WHen I asked later, they said they had to keep the dogs on treadmills for 2.5 hours DAILY to keep their weight down.

Like - hellow?? They're German Shepherds you morons - NOT salukis !!

I was so disgusted, I refused to show Kyo any more which is why I haven't found him a girlfriend YET
we will find him a bit of tottie! he keeps trying to shag Buddy!!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only cos Buddy is so GAY with those bloody bows
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Only cos Buddy is so GAY with those bloody bows
aye puff doggy
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
aye puff doggy
so true it's embarrasing!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:05 am
Concierge

so true it's embarrasing!!
he aint hurting anyone