British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Angels and Demons (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/angels-demons-609411/)

Blue Cat May 16th 2009 6:55 am

Angels and Demons

Anyone seen it yet? I really enjoyed the book and am hoping the movie won't be a disappointment ;)

Spugsy May 16th 2009 7:19 am

Re: Angels and Demons

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7576444)
Anyone seen it yet? I really enjoyed the book and am hoping the movie won't be a disappointment ;)

the book was much better than the da vinci code, although the film won't be anywhere near as good.

Blue Cat May 16th 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7576491)
the book was much better than the da vinci code, although the film won't be anywhere near as good.

I thought the same, Da Vinci code didn't hold my interest as much as Angels and Demons.

moto111 May 16th 2009 7:21 am

isn't this also back to front, my understanding is that Angels and Demons was the first book, and then the Da Vinci code was the follow up book?

Blue Cat May 16th 2009 7:22 am

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7576495)
isn't this also back to front, my understanding is that Angels and Demons was the first book, and then the Da Vinci code was the follow up book?

can't remember :confused:

moto111 May 16th 2009 7:25 am

Have you read DB's other 2 books, Digital Fortress and Deception Point, they are great, I personally could not put any of his 4 books down, I keep looking everytime I go to the bookshop for more books by him but I think he has only written 4 so far?????

Spugsy May 16th 2009 7:27 am

yeah that's right, don't think it really matters though.

Is there only 3 books of his out then? They are all a bit trashy and rubbish but pretty readable.

Spugsy May 16th 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7576501)
Have you read DB's other 2 books, Digital Fortress and Deception Point, they are great, I personally could not put any of his 4 books down, I keep looking everytime I go to the bookshop for more books by him but I think he has only written 4 so far?????

aye yeah 4, I've read them, all pretty good - not going to win any literature prizes, but a good read.

moto111 May 16th 2009 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7576497)
can't remember :confused:

Sad I know, I've just looked at the books, Angels and Demons copywrited to DB in 2000 and Da Vinci Code copywrited to DB in 2003...

moto111 May 16th 2009 7:29 am

http://www.danbrown.com/

new book due out later this year..

Blue Cat May 16th 2009 7:30 am

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7576516)
http://www.danbrown.com/

new book due out later this year..

I have to agree not fantastically written but very readable, you wouldn't believe how many copies of these 4 books we get at the book sales.

ukecadet May 16th 2009 7:33 am

Yep your right A and D was meant to be read before the code.
However somebody told me that the Angels and Demons film has been scripted to follow on from the code.

BangleMan May 16th 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7576444)

my son left Twilight (the teen vampire film recently) by Stephanie Meyer with me when he left last time, and am now ploughing through the 3 follow ups....very easy to read and enjoyable.....bit of a come down from my last book, Birsdsong !

moto111 May 16th 2009 7:49 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7576537)
my son left Twilight (the teen vampire film recently) by Stephanie Meyer with me when he left last time, and am now ploughing through the 3 follow ups....very easy to read and enjoyable.....bit of a come down from my last book, Birsdsong !

I'm the same, on the 3rd book now of Twilight, read Birdsong about a year ago, didn't like it:thumbdown:

Blue Cat May 16th 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7576537)

you are reading teenage books :eek: