Android versus iPhone

Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Android versus iPhone

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Rooting it (if you are not Australian ) means basically getting root access to the phone, which allows you to add to or delete things from the system. It's a fairly simple process once you've done it once or twice.

One of the big benefits other than deleting unwanted manufacturers or service providers apps, is that you can also install various adblockers which won't work otherwise. Removes all those annoying banners etc.

Thanks - I'll find someone young to 'root' my Priv (oo er missis!).
I'd love to get rid of those chuffing ads.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Iphone now, like with Nokia back in the day. Far from an Apple fanboy but hate anything Samsung - truly awful phones. Haven't tried any other Android phones.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I'll be switching from Apple to Samsung when the latest model comes out for three reasons;

1) Apple removed the headphone socket (i know you can buy adapters but that's a whole issue in itself with Apple)
2) I've played with the S7 Edge and it is a thing of beauty. The screen is simply amazing and the photos they take are outstanding. The S8 should be equally if not more amazing.
3) I'm sick of Apple telling me my icloud account is full and I refuse to subscribe for additional data. 5GB of free data is an absolute joke.

So, I will be slowly but surely de-appleing myself.
I've heard that Samsung are doing that on their next model too.....
Old Dec 8th 2016, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

From what little I know- it makes sense to remove the 3.5mm jack connection. Essentially, it's an analogue connection, through which you listen to digital music.

Surely it would make better sense to listen through Bluetooth? Better sound quality?
Old Dec 8th 2016, 8:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
From what little I know- it makes sense to remove the 3.5mm jack connection. Essentially, it's an analogue connection, through which you listen to digital music.

Surely it would make better sense to listen through Bluetooth? Better sound quality?
It also makes the iPhone waterproof to 1m for 30mins....
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Also means having to charge another product which is less than ideal when you're out and about and the batteries go flat.

My main thinking is that it makes my expensive headphones useless.

Regarding the waterproofing issue - Samsung don't seem to have this problem. In fact their IP rating is higher than the iPhone 7 even with the 3.5mm jack.

I get the idea that 3.5mm is analogue. You don't have to just go completely wireless though. The problem with the i7 is that unless you want to carry 7 million adapters around you can't charge and listen to wired music at the same time. This is where wireless charging comes in (Samsung nailed this ages ago).

Samsung to me are still miles ahead. Wireless charging, retina scanning, better screens etc. If they remove the 3.5mm jack they'll go to USB-C digital music with wireless charging.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Also means having to charge another product which is less than ideal when you're out and about and the batteries go flat.

My main thinking is that it makes my expensive headphones useless.

Regarding the waterproofing issue - Samsung don't seem to have this problem. In fact their IP rating is higher than the iPhone 7 even with the 3.5mm jack.

I get the idea that 3.5mm is analogue. You don't have to just go completely wireless though. The problem with the i7 is that unless you want to carry 7 million adapters around you can't charge and listen to wired music at the same time. This is where wireless charging comes in (Samsung nailed this ages ago).

Samsung to me are still miles ahead. Wireless charging, retina scanning, better screens etc. If they remove the 3.5mm jack they'll go to USB-C digital music with wireless charging.
They need the extra waterproofing so you can put the fire out.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:39 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I put my Samsung fires out with inert gases
Old Dec 8th 2016, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I was Sony through and through, till I dropped my last one and demolished it! Mrs DJ and I both got S6's and I love it! The wireless charging is such a winner, go to bed drop it on the charger sorted.
I'm not really bothered about the camera, I use mainly GMail, Viber, Uber and Waze and all run very well. I have the NBC sports app so I can watch UK Premiership Rugby at work (shhh don't tell anyone) and the picture and clarity are top notch.
As soon as I pay this one off I will definitely get the S7, S8 or whatever is out!!
Old Dec 8th 2016, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Have the Huawei P9. great phone for the price. If I hadn't bought that would have gone for the OnePlus3.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I see Apple are strenously denying that they have a fire problem with the iPhone 6, only happens in China though!

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-blam...ernal-factors/
Old Dec 8th 2016, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with analogue. Music itself is analogue of course. As is the human ear.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominoman
Nothing wrong with analogue. Music itself is analogue of course. As is the human ear.
Well, I don't smoke analogue cigarettes anymore, just electric ones.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking to get a new smartphone ; and Picture quality is paramount since my Sonyrx100 bit the dust. So which phone takes the best pictures?
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:46 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I'm looking to get a new smartphone ; and Picture quality is paramount since my Sonyrx100 bit the dust. So which phone takes the best pictures?
Work just moved me from iPhone to the S7, took a few days to get used to it but I quite like it now, the camera is better than the iPhone 6+.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.