Alcohol during ramadam

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

housewife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Wright, let's go back to the alcohol topic.
How do you people survive during Ramadan.
Just went to the restaurant here in the hotel.
Was there at 06.30 pm but had to wait for half an hour before they start serving alcohol.
But at least I could have a drink.
Bit boring by the way without any music.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

People who don't have an alcohol dependancy issue usually manage just swell
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

People in AD will remember a time (not so long ago) when hotels and restaurants could not serve alcohol at all during Ramadan and all bars were closed so think yourselves lucky now
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
People in AD will remember a time (not so long ago) when hotels and restaurants could not serve alcohol at all during Ramadan and all bars were closed so think yourselves lucky now
the duty free even used to be closed, is it still the same these days?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:30 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
People who don't have an alcohol dependancy issue usually manage just swell
Well said. Here in Kuwait there are boozers but not very many and quite a lot just give up drink forever - permanently and are content that way.

My perspective is that there is too much dependence - not condeming it but not participating either..
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:38 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by housewife
Wright, let's go back to the alcohol topic.
How do you people survive during Ramadan.
Just went to the restaurant here in the hotel.
Was there at 06.30 pm but had to wait for half an hour before they start serving alcohol.
But at least I could have a drink.
Bit boring by the way without any music.
what do you mean how do people survive...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
when I lived in the UK alcohol was hardly mentioned, you come and live in a Muslim country and it is the main topic of conversation practically every day of the week, amazes me
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Well, just as I say it.

I mean, I cannot do without my bottle of water at the pool or at the gym.
But this is not allowed at the moment. If I do not drink, I get dizzy
Even a cigarette by the pool is forbidden.

So I just ask how do you survive/manage this?

Do not get me wrong that you think I have something against the Ramadan, and yes I do follow these rules but I think it is a bit hard.
And just ask how you deal with this, as I suppose you all managed with this before.

After been to the mall and standing outside with my shopping cart waiting for a taxi takes sometime ages.
Last week about 30 minutes. Standing there i the heat I could use some water. Which was possible because Ramadan wasn't started yet.
But this month I can't, and I won't.

So again, I have nothing against the Ramadan.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:54 am
Concierge

Well, just as I say it.

I mean, I cannot do without my bottle of water at the pool or at the gym.
But this is not allowed at the moment. If I do not drink, I get dizzy
Even a cigarette by the pool is forbidden.

So I just ask how do you survive/manage this?

Do not get me wrong that you think I have something against the Ramadan, and yes I do follow these rules but I think it is a bit hard.
And just ask how you deal with this, as I suppose you all managed with this before.

After been to the mall and standing outside with my shopping cart waiting for a taxi takes sometime ages.
Last week about 30 minutes. Standing there i the heat I could use some water. Which was possible because Ramadan wasn't started yet.
But this month I can't, and I won't.

So again, I have nothing against the Ramadan.
it is down to where you shop, you can smoke and eat in Mall of the Emirates, if you know where
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

just work around it....go to the gym at night, swim a little shorter, do your shopping early in the morning when it's still pleasant outside...it's only for a few weeks and we can still eat and drink all we like when we are at home...it's not a big deal...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Well Blue Cat, and that's the point.
I do not know where.
Therefore my question.
By the way I live in AL Ain and I understand that the mall of Emirates is not here.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

just work around it....go to the gym at night, swim a little shorter, do your shopping early in the morning when it's still pleasant outside...it's only for a few weeks and we can still eat and drink all we like when we are at home...it's not a big deal...
That's an answer. Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:00 am
Concierge

Well Blue Cat, and that's the point.
I do not know where.
Therefore my question.
By the way I live in AL Ain and I understand that the mall of Emirates is not here.
oh well you are finished then!! I will be surprised if you can't get water by the pool at the Hilton, or at the little indoor pool bar. Most hotels have to keep an outlet open for the tourists.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Alcohol during ramadam

Do they search peoples bags for water bottles then?

If it was really a huge bother why not put one in your handbag and only drink it where there is no one else around to see you.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:06 am
Concierge

just for the record it is RamadaN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.