aeroplane windows

Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default aeroplane windows

Why do aeroplane windows have a tiny dot of metal in them- towards the bottom?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: aeroplane windows

I've not seen the dot of metal, but there is a tiny hole to allow for pressure equalisation between the different layers of the window.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

it could be a hole I guess... so that little hole stops the plane from depressuring(?) and plummeting to the ground?

So what would happen if everyone covered it with gum?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:43 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get a window seat so that I could look at the land below...but now the crew ask you to shut the blinds on the window (or they automatically shut on some modern planes) so people can view their video screens. So I just book an aisle seat now.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mac Im the same- window seat all the way- and has to be on the left hand side -they don't always ask for the blind to be pulled shut- it does get a bit nippy when your up high though.

Aisle seats suck!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kittycat1
it could be a hole I guess... so that little hole stops the plane from depressuring(?) and plummeting to the ground?

So what would happen if everyone covered it with gum?
I like the plan Might make for a more interesting flight than normal
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't like being on planes regardless of where I sit.

Especially when some ignorant bastard wants to interrupt me and my Cars 2 film by opening the sodding blind. Can't see anything then.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

:-)

Last edited by kittycat1; Oct 17th 2011 at 9:11 am. Reason: posted twice for some reason
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp Im not a big fan of flying either to be honest- especially when I still have a sore bum (see earlier post) and I normally end up sitting next to either odd, obesely fat or intensely boring people ( and occassionally they fit into all 3 categories)- having said that my last flight I ended up sitting next to a hot guy- the conversation stopped when I asked if he knew what the metal thing in the window was for- should have just pulled my top down a bit- bugger! live and learn, live and learn!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:23 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp Im not a big fan of flying either to be honest- especially when I still have a sore bum (see earlier post) and I normally end up sitting next to either odd, obesely fat or intensely boring people ( and occassionally they fit into all 3 categories)- having said that my last flight I ended up sitting next to a hot guy- the conversation stopped when I asked if he knew what the metal thing in the window was for- should have just pulled my top down a bit- bugger! live and learn, live and learn!
I think we may have met...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

little jimmy- are you the hot dude or the fat boring bloke?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

mac Im the same- window seat all the way- and has to be on the left hand side -they don't always ask for the blind to be pulled shut- it does get a bit nippy when your up high though.

Aisle seats suck!
The best seat is the one near the doors,all that leg room
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:28 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

little jimmy- are you the hot dude or the fat boring bloke?
Whichever you want me to be...
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The best seat is the one near the doors,all that leg room
Those are the ones that are always taken by short people aren't they.

They should be free and provided to folk like me.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:58 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Those are the ones that are always taken by short people aren't they.

They should be free and provided to folk like me.
I think the people at check-in counters do this on purpose...seems they have a policy of punishing people over 5'10" - the amount of times I've been squeezed into a tiny seat and seen midgets stretching out a few seats down is amazing.

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.