Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Concert

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Concert

Old May 7th 2013, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Concert

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I was there 10 years and only wanted to go to one concert

Once I leave Stone Roses and Depeche Mode come...., I gave my grand prix ticket away every year too, I'd have suffered it to see Depeche Mode and the fact mentaltits won't be there is a bonus

Thankfully I've got tickets to see them in Leeds in November
As I said before, saw them few years back and you will not be disappointed. So good live.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:09 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a link to a map of the North Grandstand seating? I've searched the wideworldinterwebnet but only found a YouTube video which didn't show the area I'm sitting in.
I'm in N18 Row A, which I'm assuming is upstairs (because it's lounge access) and front row. But I don't know where on that U shaped grandstand, it is, on the long straight, on the corner itself or as you come into/out of the corner?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Does anyone have a link to a map of the North Grandstand seating? I've searched the wideworldinterwebnet but only found a YouTube video which didn't show the area I'm sitting in.
I'm in N18 Row A, which I'm assuming is upstairs (because it's lounge access) and front row. But I don't know where on that U shaped grandstand, it is, on the long straight, on the corner itself or as you come into/out of the corner?
I would make an assumption that N is either bang in the middle given it's alphabet position or the seating goes from A to PP or something, at which point you're not in the middle but nearer the point it starts from.

Basically, I don't know, but you're sat in the boring bit.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:26 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

The U shape seems to start at section N01 on the long straight carrying on N02 etc. around the bend, N = North Grandstand A = seating row. But I can't find N18 which leads me to assume that because of the new Lounge thing it's a new section upstairs. But is it above N01? @confused.com
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:29 am
Account Closed

The U shape seems to start at section N01 on the long straight carrying on N02 etc. around the bend, N = North Grandstand A = seating row. But I can't find N18 which leads me to assume that because of the new Lounge thing it's a new section upstairs. But is it above N01? @confused.com
Of course. I forgot that bit, being numbered. (Durr...)

Can't remember mate, I'm sure I was able to look at the sections when I was buying mine last year but can't find the chart.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

South stand row H *wavesmiley*
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I hope 'hospitality' has been sorted out now (although as I will never be going again, I suppose I shouldn't care) but having to walk to a completely different stand altogether when I was there on a 'VIP Package' was totally unacceptable.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Does this help?

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/abu_dhabi_910/

North was where I had to walk miles from for my VIP food and drink last year......
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Was forking chaos last night, after I finally got into the arena, I stayed about 10 minutes, saw the toilet and bar mayhem, battled my way through the chaos of people trying to get in and got a taxi home again. Typical Abu Dhabi disorganisation.

Won't bother tonight but still want to see Depeche Mode tomorrow.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:53 am