British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/aaggh-etisalat-playing-silly-buggers-661668/)

Madam Medusa Mar 29th 2010 9:28 am

aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers...

...i'm having massive problems at the mo with the internet...either a page comes up blank but says done, or images appear as boxes with red crosses (just now, the smilies box on the right has half of them like this for example...)...

last night, couldn't access various websites at all, including be and facebook...this morning, it's hotmail...

anyone having the same issue, and anyone know what's going on...?

MM, xx

Blue Cat Mar 29th 2010 9:29 am

Re: aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers...

I am with Du so not experiencing it but it has been mentioned on Twitter quite a bit so there must be a problem somewhere.

Roadking Mar 29th 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8456655)
...i'm having massive problems at the mo with the internet...either a page comes up blank but says done, or images appear as boxes with red crosses (just now, the smilies box on the right has half of them like this for example...)...

last night, couldn't access various websites at all, including be and facebook...this morning, it's hotmail...

MM, xx

Yep, similar issues at home and at the office. My eim email won't load the messages. Frikking Etishite.

The Dean Mar 29th 2010 9:37 am

MM, xx

There's a dedicated site where you can report such matters:

www.godyourebloodyuselessetisalat.ae

Autonomy Mar 29th 2010 9:38 am

MM, xx

yup - same same... I figure some new filter thing, but it's buggering up facebook business fan page entries etc and it's making my work all that more frustrating right now...

Madam Medusa Mar 29th 2010 9:38 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8456684)
There's a dedicated site where you can report such matters:

www.godyourebloodyuselessetisalat.ae

hahahaha, i wish...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Mar 29th 2010 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8456688)
yup - same same... I figure some new filter thing, but it's buggering up facebook business fan page entries etc and it's making my work all that more frustrating right now...

yeah, it's a total pain in the arse...again...

MM, xx

MacScot Mar 29th 2010 9:41 am

MM, xx

Du was also down last night...could not access the internet for about an hour. Perhaps the authorities are upgrading their censorship/filter software?

Patsy Stoned Mar 29th 2010 9:48 am

It was bad yesterday, seemed ok this morning but playing up again now. It just seems to be random!!

typical Mar 29th 2010 10:33 am

Last weekend for about 4 hours, the Du filter was 90% off... lots of dodgy and unislamic sites were unblocked, the only site that gave the yellow warning page was flickr!

Hello.Kitty Mar 29th 2010 10:53 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 8456791)
Last weekend for about 4 hours, the Du filter was 90% off... lots of dodgy and unislamic sites were unblocked, the only site that gave the yellow warning page was flickr!

what is it with them banning flickr?! There are loads of nice, happy pictures and plants and landscapes and stuff on it... nothing subversive!

littlejimmy Mar 29th 2010 10:58 am

I doubt it's connected, but the web was inaccessible all last night here in Libya (we are on a satellite feed at work), and apparently it's because of the Arab summit. Or summat.

typical Mar 29th 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 8456817)
what is it with them banning flickr?! There are loads of nice, happy pictures and plants and landscapes and stuff on it... nothing subversive!

There are pictures of breasts, and people having fun, and babies being thrown out with bathwater...

Hello.Kitty Mar 29th 2010 11:09 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 8456830)
There are pictures of breasts, and people having fun, and babies being thrown out with bathwater...

oh, yeah, you're right... can't be dealing with that kind of perversity. :blink:

Meow Mar 29th 2010 11:32 am

MM, xx

I am having the same problems.

-