3 weeks to go

Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 weeks to go

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
i'll pack his bags now...he can go with you.
yippee!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattH268

Live in Summertown Oxford at the moment but looking forward to leaving Oxford, 10 years is plenty long enough to stay in one place.
Nice...can't believe the chippy, Martins and the bakery have shut up shop, ain't there a Starbucks now?

At least LB's is still there
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

MattH268 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice...can't believe the chippy, Martins and the bakery have shut up shop, ain't there a Starbucks now?

At least LB's is still there
Woh, I don't even remember having a chippy or even a bakery, the chippy probably couldn't compete with Posh Fish!

Martin's is a Costa Coffee and the old cafe opposite is now a Starbucks. There will be a Subway Soon!

I probably should know what LB's is but I'm struggling on that one.

Matt
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Woh, I don't even remember having a chippy or even a bakery, the chippy probably couldn't compete with Posh Fish!

Martin's is a Costa Coffee and the old cafe opposite is now a Starbucks. There will be a Subway Soon!

I probably should know what LB's is but I'm struggling on that one.

Matt
The chippy was on the corner, opposite side of that side street that went past Budgens, had orange plastic covers on the wall...superb as a kid going to lunch, when not going to that pub.

The queen of hearts, did the best pastries and the other bakery opposite, they had the best bread, Austrian bird that ran it.

The baked spud dude ain't there any more? He used to be in front of Bradford and Bingley, they aren't around either are they?

LB's is the Lebonese place, can't remember where exactly, I think a couple shops down from Barclays, the best place to grab food before they closed for the day as you'd get shit loads of extra free and it was lovely stuff.

The Bang and Oulfsen store is still there down what's it lane as well ain't it? Just past the book shop that's next door to Laura Ashley.

Apparantly the BMW closed down, used to be a Rolls Royce dealership when I was a baby, and Dentons the bike shop next door is now something nancy like a kitchen showroom or something weird like that?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The chippy was on the corner, opposite side of that side street that went past Budgens, had orange plastic covers on the wall...superb as a kid going to lunch, when not going to that pub.

The queen of hearts, did the best pastries and the other bakery opposite, they had the best bread, Austrian bird that ran it.

The baked spud dude ain't there any more? He used to be in front of Bradford and Bingley, they aren't around either are they?

LB's is the Lebonese place, can't remember where exactly, I think a couple shops down from Barclays, the best place to grab food before they closed for the day as you'd get shit loads of extra free and it was lovely stuff.

The Bang and Oulfsen store is still there down what's it lane as well ain't it? Just past the book shop that's next door to Laura Ashley.

Apparantly the BMW closed down, used to be a Rolls Royce dealership when I was a baby, and Dentons the bike shop next door is now something nancy like a kitchen showroom or something weird like that?

read the Oxford Wiki Bob
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob

Definately insider knowledge of the area. Impressive.

Summertown now has a Summerfield instead of Budgens, M&S and a Co-Op. The Lebonese is there, I think the Bakery is Taylors the Delicatessen, spud dude is long gone, South Parade is when B and O are, BMW is now at the end of the Woodstock Road by the BP garage, the old garage this week became a Majestic Wine! The old Bike shop is indeed a very upmarket Kitchen shop and the new bike shop in Summertown is s***! Good if you want a bike but know nothing about them, couldn't even order disc brake pads!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
read the Oxford Wiki Bob
cheeky bugger
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Definately insider knowledge of the area. Impressive.

Summertown now has a Summerfield instead of Budgens, M&S and a Co-Op. The Lebonese is there, I think the Bakery is Taylors the Delicatessen, spud dude is long gone, South Parade is when B and O are, BMW is now at the end of the Woodstock Road by the BP garage, the old garage this week became a Majestic Wine! The old Bike shop is indeed a very upmarket Kitchen shop and the new bike shop in Summertown is s***! Good if you want a bike but know nothing about them, couldn't even order disc brake pads!
hehe...yeah, used to live there as a kid till my mother moved to Old Marston...many a drunken escapade up and down the banbury road as a kid

Shame about the bike shop...I went there a lot as a kid, then over the one in Marston next to the post office but the bloke shut up shop when he retired as his kid didn't want to take over the business...shame...though the one in Jericho still rocks, well I hope it does.

Slowly, my knowledge of the place is fading and I won't be able to recognise the city if I head over for a visit, loads of pubs I used to go to seem not to exist any more.

Oh well, the nostalgia trip was fun
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

3 Weeks passed way too quickly but I landed in Dubai last night, ushered through immigration and taken to my flat in Discovery Gardens. What a flippin huge development this place is. Quite different to Oxford anyway!

Bit tricky with no form of transport but that will change in the morning.

Anyway Hello all. (wave)

Matt
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

3 Weeks passed way too quickly but I landed in Dubai last night, ushered through immigration and taken to my flat in Discovery Gardens. What a flippin huge development this place is. Quite different to Oxford anyway!

Anyway Hello all. (wave)

Matt
hello...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway Hello all. (wave)

Matt
glad to hear you arrived safely...hopefully you'll come along to one of the nights out that mh will be organising...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
glad to hear you arrived safely...hopefully you'll come along to one of the nights out that mh will be organising...

MM, xx
oh?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh?
your new role as social sec...inselaffen has officially left the country, as of 42 mins ago...

MM, xx
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:43 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
your new role as social sec...inselaffen has officially left the country, as of 42 mins ago...

MM, xx
well, that's going to be easy then...I seem to scare people off just by saying hello...it'll be just you and me, lmao...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
well, that's going to be easy then...I seem to scare people off just by saying hello...it'll be just you and me, lmao...
hahahahaha...oh well, we usually manage to have a good time à deux...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.