23 days to go!!!

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:16 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 23 days to go!!!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah but how was the jam?
Like all jam, looked delicious but blindfolded it could have been any jam at all. And expensive. But you see I live my life at a constant cutting edge of excitement and risk so I just had to try it.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Like all jam, looked delicious but blindfolded it could have been any jam at all. And expensive. But you see I live my life at a constant cutting edge of excitement and risk so I just had to try it.
I figured it might taste different but never mind, still newton me.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:35 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

I figured it might taste different but never mind, still newton me.
I wasn't ex-pectin any more from you anyway..
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Qatar Airways silver privilege card and from looking online it gives me Ruby status with the other One World alliance members. Which probably means diddly squat.

Come to think of it with 100+k BA Avios points surely I should have a BA card somewhere?

BA have a lounge in T3 also as they have a few departures from there. Not much help if the Qataria flight is from T4 I guess (the Etihad lounge there is epic but I guess you might get arrested if you tried going in there with anything Qatari...).

I'm not so sure that what Gavtek says will apply. Is your Qataria membership the equivalent of Silver or Gold? OneWorld lounge access terms can be quite different depending. You may need to be travelling on a ticket with that airline's code to use their lounge if you are silver.

Fairly recently, travelling on BA (from Venice I think) using my BA blue FF number I tried, unsuccessfully, to gain access to a BA lounge with my Cathay gold card. The only way I could have done it was to use my Cathay number in my booking which would have necessitated a lengthy interaction with swarthy (not in a good way - never is when applied to a female I think) ground staff and anyway I preferred to accrue BA tier points. So I went and bought some fig jam in the duty free instead. Not the same situation but illustrative of how fiddly those lounge rules can be and how rigidly they are usually policed.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I wasn't ex-pectin any more from you anyway..
I give many people the Grocer's Itch.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:48 am
...we killed the flame

I give many people the Grocer's Itch.
Please preserve some dignity.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Please preserve some dignity.
I'm sorry, curdn't help myself and had to jam one more in.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I will be in the US for ten days for a wedding, catching up with some old university mates in NYC, and exploring the New England coastline, and all this follows a week in the Scottish highlands (complicated trip but that's the way it evolved).

US is a hit or miss place. There's little in the US that's bad but there's much that is unremarkable and boring. The distances are enormous so if you want to do one of those caravan / motor homes trips just be aware it often involves mindless driving for ten hours a day along boring motorways through boring countryside with the same petrol station / attached fast food chain repeating itself every ten miles.

But when you hit the hits, the US is spectacular. The American west, in particular.

Americans are incredibly nice people. Probably the nicest in the world. But a bit weird too I love hearing Americans talk about "upgrading" from their 3,500 sqft house because it's "too small" and they all drive mini battleships.
I'm heading for Texas for 3 months from September - will you all miss me?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 2:09 pm
...we killed the flame

I'm sorry, curdn't help myself and had to jam one more in.
Don't blame me when you find yourself in a pickle after this jarring experience.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:53 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't specify Premier League. First game of the 2017-'18 English football season is next Sunday:
FA Community Shield | Wembley Stadium
Fair point, but I implied premiership by mentioning Stamford Bridge and Burnley.

Wonder if I can grab a couple of tickets for Wembley and convince Mrs She'd to let me go twice 😈
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Don't blame me when you find yourself in a pickle after this jarring experience.
Marmalade.

I've run out.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Marmalade.

I've run out.
Take comport in the fact that you tried your best.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 5:40 am
...we killed the flame

Marmalade.

I've run out.
I guess you've spread yourself too thin.

Everything good goes away. This was, after all, a forum that could once sustain a thread for several pages punning about CONCRETE!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Take comport in the fact that you tried your best.
You're right, I just need to compote myself.

I guess you've spread yourself too thin.

Everything good goes away. This was, after all, a forum that could once sustain a thread for several pages punning about CONCRETE!!!
I guess I have, but I know I could toast you all.

Concrete makes me wet then hard.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, I just need to compote myself.

I guess I have, but I know I could toast you all.

Concrete makes me wet then hard.
I would prefer it if the jam jokes would end so that we can preserve the integrity of the original thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.