2020 Goals

Old Dec 16th 2019, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2020 Goals

Any ideas for 2020

First one is definitely to do a Foxtrot Oscar from the GCC - i think (know) i have reached my limits here (or perhaps its just Kuwait)
Old Dec 17th 2019, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Goals

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Any ideas for 2020

First one is definitely to do a Foxtrot Oscar from the GCC - i think (know) i have reached my limits here (or perhaps its just Kuwait)
Didn't you say that last year? Or maybe the year before?

My 2020 goals are, probably in the order of importance (but probably not in order of what I have control over):
1. Grow the family
2. Spin-out my fund, raise a second or join another fund. I've been in this place for too long
3. Do more teaching
4. Learn something new. I'm currently considering the Piano

On the fitness side - generally keep doing what I am doing. I have reached my general strength and fitness goals and do not have any plans to do any crazy events for a while.

Last edited by Millhouse; Dec 17th 2019 at 11:46 am.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Didn't you say that last year? Or maybe the year before?

My 2020 goals are, probably in the order of importance (but probably not in order of what I have control over):
1. Grow the family
2. Spin-out my fund, raise a second or join another fund. I've been in this place for too long
3. Do more teaching
4. Learn something new. I'm currently considering the Piano

On the fitness side - generally keep doing what I am doing. I have reached my general strength and fitness goals and do not have any plans to do any crazy events for a while.
Didn't you say that last year? Or maybe the year before? - You are right - I totally did (in both years) - to be fair i did hand in my notice but it wast accepted and asked to stay in to find a replacement (not many coffee drinking, chain smoking, lotharios around i guess!)

Do more teaching - This is interesting and seems to be common in the financial world - when people retire in the great game they seem to want to go to academia and actually two friends in the region have made plans (who will be more effective at implementing them than me - one has actually found a job starting next month at a college back in the UK)

Learn something new. - or merge it with the above and do a phd
Old Dec 18th 2019, 2:39 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a large plot of land back home a few years ago, my only goal is to start building a house on it, atleast get a fence all around it and then maybe start the basement by the end of 2020
Old Dec 18th 2019, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Bought a large plot of land back home a few years ago, my only goal is to start building a house on it, atleast get a fence all around it and then maybe start the basement by the end of 2020
Great goal.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

1. 1,000km.
2. Move home.
3. New job plan.
4. Invest.

1. Running, walking, swimming, rowing, wanking.
Couple of mates and I have a spreadsheet set up, we're going to try and achieve it. It's got to be a concerted effort mind, 2.7km a day is not easy unless you're going out of your way to do it. A 5km jog every other day is a lot to ask for example. It's going to be tough to be 'behind' from day one but I'm going to make the effort and keep it up.

2. We need to move, we hate where we live now, it blows.

3. I must enter new job with a good plan. Proper bullshit bingo stuff - 100 days of goals for myself.

4. I have cash sat in an offshore current account doing **** all like a complete idiot. With the extra money from gratuity it's going to be a look towards property in Blighty or some of the vanguard type funds perhaps. Not sure, needs a plan and research.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 3:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Curl in a new venue...Really want to curl in Belfast, Maine and in a couple of spots in Nova Scotia/New Brunswick. They are probably as far or as easy to get to as Rochester, NY. Though Albany, NY probably is close enough and Pittsburgh, PA.

After teaching a group at The Country Club, would love to do a few more.

Win another event pin at Ardsley, NY, hopefully better than last year.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Mr Cenary is an unknown quantity at this point

Just continue as I am. I’m already fit and loaded, with a range of interests outside work. Why fix it?
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Msasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to beholdMsasa Roots is a splendid one to behold

Love your confidence, Mr Cenary!

We are leaving AD after 12 years for Asia. I am sad about that, but my 2020 goal is to be happy and embrace a new culture / experience / opportunity. I will be a zen hippy
Old Jan 5th 2020, 11:27 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Msasa Roots
We are leaving AD after 12 years for Asia. I am sad about that, but my 2020 goal is to be happy and embrace a new culture / experience / opportunity. I will be a zen hippy
Translation : looking forward to smoking up..a LOT!
yeah I get that