2018 Holidays

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2018 Holidays

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
New Year and all that. Mission's already announced her sex and booze trip to Bali.
sex?? what is that?? the booze part is definitely going to go down big time.
Other than the trips to the UK (one in May/June, and then another in Aug).....I turn the big half a century in Aug and so a destination birthday bash is definitely on the cards, but at this stage I have no idea where.....so you might just see another holiday thread in a couple of months time
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
The taxi scam or the drinks being like 5k each and they don't let you leave until you have paid one?

Noted though, thanks.
Walked in, sat down, pretty quiet. 4 of us, 4 girls come over, we order 4 beers. Guy asked if we wanted to buy the girls a drink, I didn't hear what he said, asked him to repeat several times and couldn't ever quite hear it so sort of waved for him to wait a second as my mate was tapping me. Mate said he's asking if you want to get the girls a drink which we don't want to do, turned around, he'd gone off to do it. Before you know it, he's presenting us with beer and them with a shot and a cognac. Wanted 400 quid. Told him where to go, introduced us to two heavies who just stood a few steps closer.

Negotiated to finish our beers and paid 50 quid for the privilege. Think we got lucky because it was still early but felt a right helmet.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Walked in, sat down, pretty quiet. 4 of us, 4 girls come over, we order 4 beers. Guy asked if we wanted to buy the girls a drink, I didn't hear what he said, asked him to repeat several times and couldn't ever quite hear it so sort of waved for him to wait a second as my mate was tapping me. Mate said he's asking if you want to get the girls a drink which we don't want to do, turned around, he'd gone off to do it. Before you know it, he's presenting us with beer and them with a shot and a cognac. Wanted 400 quid. Told him where to go, introduced us to two heavies who just stood a few steps closer.

Negotiated to finish our beers and paid 50 quid for the privilege. Think we got lucky because it was still early but felt a right helmet.
Ah. One of those moments.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 10:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ah. One of those moments.
Yeah, properly shit myself and was angry at being tricked. Then had to very quickly accept all of that, puff out the chest a bit and negotiate aggressively to get out of there. ****ers.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, properly shit myself and was angry at being tricked. Then had to very quickly accept all of that, puff out the chest a bit and negotiate aggressively to get out of there. ****ers.
I'm genuinely amazed that this has never happened to me on holiday. The risks I take are unbelievable. As a rule, avoid the tourist areas and stick to the red light districts, against conventional wisdom but always safer.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm genuinely amazed that this has never happened to me on holiday. The risks I take are unbelievable. As a rule, avoid the tourist areas and stick to the red light districts, against conventional wisdom but always safer.
Touch wood, a one off.
I'm super safe on holibobs nowadays. But still do pretty much everything and without restriction.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Have previously been scammed out of a grand in a strip club in the UK so have learnt my lesson....

Noted though! Thanks!

Touch wood, a one off.
I'm super safe on holibobs nowadays. But still do pretty much everything and without restriction.
Unless it involves crossing a road away from a formal crossing....
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ouch! Have previously been scammed out of a grand in a strip club in the UK so have learnt my lesson....

Noted though! Thanks!

Unless it involves crossing a road away from a formal crossing....
A grand?!!?! Jesus wept.

I stay safe on the pavements of Dubai but learned to charge through the mopeds in Ho Chi Minh. It's about adapting and here, where stupidity prevails I will follow the green man.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 2:44 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Small group of islands in the south Atlantic that's been a British territory for 170 years and a population that voted to stay with the UK 98%-2%. Supposed to be an interesting place to visit although I'm told they don't look kindly on patronising politically correct know-it-alls
They (sheep included) better brace themselves for a boatful of us then...
Old Jan 24th 2018, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
They (sheep included) better brace themselves for a boatful of us then...
The Falklanders are used to a lot of wind anyway.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 3:39 am
Account Closed

The Falklanders are used to a lot of wind anyway.
Jesus. Surely even you can do better than that?
Old Jan 24th 2018, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jesus. Surely even you can do better than that?
Hmm. I thought it was pretty good (People who talk a lot of codswallop, cobblers, stuff and nonsense )
Old Jan 24th 2018, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Hmm. I thought it was pretty good (People who talk a lot of codswallop, cobblers, stuff and nonsense )
Lacked bite in my humble opinion.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Lacked bite in my humble opinion.
The islands are very windswept too. Oh well. Sorry I failed.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:23 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

The islands are very windswept too. Oh well. Sorry I failed.
Interestingly, accompanying me in our visit to Las Malvinas will be two ex-members of HM armed forces. I'm sure we will trade amusing stories with the local Malvinasians en castellano...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.