1992- do my job for me

Old May 5th 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1992- do my job for me

Originally Posted by Paracletus
The year I moved to Makati, spent my formative teen years living just of Burgos street.
Were you dealing with Wartsila by any chance? My old man later got involved with that line of work..but in the carribean. Only move possible after S.E.A.

It was also the year I went to my first ever live concert, Guns n' Roses in Manchester.
I was working for a Hong Kong outfit called CEPA , a power generation and
infrastructure contractor , they were involved in all of the B.O.T projects in Luzon .

Burgos street , used to frequent an intimate little bar called Papillon from time to time . Pasay City was a better one for me , Visions , The Firehouse and The Australian Club....

Manila is a mental city
Old May 5th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I was working for a Hong Kong outfit called CEPA , a power generation and
infrastructure contractor , they were involved in all of the B.O.T projects in Luzon .

Burgos street , used to frequent an intimate little bar called Papillon from time to time . Pasay City was a better one for me , Visions , The Firehouse and The Australian Club....

Manila is a mental city
I remember Papillion. My first ever strip bar visit was to Ivory. Got stalked by a tranny down Burgos once. I did go to Pasay on occassion, but mostly kept to Makati..regularly went to Cable Car on Pasay road and a few other places around there. Right before I moved some micro brewery with a bar opened inside Glorietta. Speaking of which, saw an in-depth with the Ayala family on CNN the other day. My friend is engaged to one of their daughters..lucky bastard!!!

Having survived that place through the peak of my rebellious teen years, the rest of the world seems sort of tame in comparison for sure. Did you ever make it to The Hobbit House? Midgets everywhere serving drinks.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Papillion. My first ever strip bar visit was to Ivory. Got stalked by a tranny down Burgos once. I did go to Pasay on occassion, but mostly kept to Makati..regularly went to Cable Car on Pasay road and a few other places around there. Right before I moved some micro brewery with a bar opened inside Glorietta. Speaking of which, saw an in-depth with the Ayala family on CNN the other day. My friend is engaged to one of their daughters..lucky bastard!!!

Having survived that place through the peak of my rebellious teen years, the rest of the world seems sort of tame in comparison for sure. Did you ever make it to The Hobbit House? Midgets everywhere serving drinks.
Mental place that , like being on an acid trip . Makati was always well overpriced for what it was as well . The bars round the back streets of Ermita were pretty interesting as well , some proper head the balls round there .

Angeles and Clark were good for a lively weekend as well . They used to be a lot of ex U.S forces guys who had bars on the strip who had been there far too long and were well fried by the 90's.

Great place The Philippines , you need your wits about you as it's edgy and can be pretty hairy at times but that's what makes it the place it is .

Good times all round !
Old May 5th 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Makati was always well overpriced for what it was as well .

Good times all round !
150 pesos all you could drink at some mexican restaurant..

But most certainly good times were had.
Old May 5th 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

150 pesos all you could drink at some mexican restaurant..

But most certainly good times were had.
Double the bar fine though
Old May 6th 2012, 4:28 pm
Banned

Super Power is an unknown quantity at this point

92 to was a good year for me...In February I took Silver in the Super G at the albertville Olympics, I would have won gold but my legs were tired from bang'in Elizabeth Hurley the for 3 hours night before. Then in May I flew the Space Shuttle Endeavors maiden flight.. That was fun-Got back to earth in time to win the 100 meters at the Spain Summer Olympics, I woulda won gold but Susan Sarandon but wore me out the night before..I was tired after that so I checked in to the Beverly Hills Hotel and spent the rest of the year partying on Sunset Blvd. and bangin Penthouse Pets in my suite....
Old May 6th 2012, 6:31 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Super Power
92 to was a good year for me...In February I took Silver in the Super G at the albertville Olympics, I would have won gold but my legs were tired from bang'in Elizabeth Hurley the for 3 hours night before. Then in May I flew the Space Shuttle Endeavors maiden flight.. That was fun-Got back to earth in time to win the 100 meters at the Spain Summer Olympics, I woulda won gold but Susan Sarandon but wore me out the night before..I was tired after that so I checked in to the Beverly Hills Hotel and spent the rest of the year partying on Sunset Blvd. and bangin Penthouse Pets in my suite....
That's the first humourous post you've made. Now **** off.
Old May 6th 2012, 8:26 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

1992, I left my home to fight for Queen and country. Well, I became an Army Apprentice and played football for the Army Youth team for 2 years......Though there was plenty of fighting in Chepstow and Newport with the delightful welsh on the weekend.

Bought my 1st car, 1st Tattoo and had my 1st practical low maintenance barnet thanks to the Unit hair butcher.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britexpat76
1992, I left my home to fight for Queen and country. Well, I became an Army Apprentice and played football for the Army Youth team for 2 years......Though there was plenty of fighting in Chepstow and Newport with the delightful welsh on the weekend.

Bought my 1st car, 1st Tattoo and had my 1st practical low maintenance barnet thanks to the Unit hair butcher.

I became an Army Apprentice in '85 - Princess Marina College, Arborfield nr Reading...happy dayz.

In '92 i was married and son #1 was gurgling, spitting food out and happily sh***ing in his pants.......not a lot changed if i'm honest !
Old May 6th 2012, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I had my first car in 1992 as well. It was a little pedal car with police decals all over it.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:36 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
I became an Army Apprentice in '85 - Princess Marina College, Arborfield nr Reading...happy dayz.

In '92 i was married and son #1 was gurgling, spitting food out and happily sh***ing in his pants.......not a lot changed if i'm honest !
I was AAC Chepstow, Beachley Camp good memories. Some fairly shite ones too though thay normally involved digging holes in the brecon beacons and running up Pen y fan until you vomited.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:38 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I had my first car in 1992 as well. It was a little pedal car with police decals all over it.
I had my pedal car in 1964. All metal and painted like a fire engine
Old May 6th 2012, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I had my pedal car in 1964. All metal and painted like a fire engine
Metal? Jesus you must have had legs like a wrestler by age 6.

Mine was the carbon fibre of the 90's - plastic.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:41 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Scamp

Probably a better runner than my C1986 Sierra 2.0 GLS with cosworth alloy.

I was forever pushing it either having run out of petrol or mechanical failings.

Think the tape player catching fire was the last straw and it went to the scrappers.
Old May 6th 2012, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Probably a better runner than my C1986 Sierra 2.0 GLS with cosworth alloy.

I was forever pushing it either having run out of petrol or mechanical failings.

Think the tape player catching fire was the last straw and it went to the scrappers.
What's a tape player?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.