Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

The school are aware - not overly helpful. One set of parents are hugely scarey . . . DD has asked us not to approach the parents re the bullying as she is worried it will make it worse. I'm not sure it can get worse ? She is away skiing just now - and then it's half term - the messages have stopped but school is still a bit difficult. However, she is mixing with other girls rather than trying to get the horrid ones to be her friend and that has put them on the back foot a bit . . . They are not used to being ignored and it's annoying the hell out of them! No doubt next week they will turn their vicious eyes and comments on someone else who is prettier/more popular/cleverer/more confident/whatever than they are.

I was going to talk to the parents re the vomitting, but now just think well let her get on with it. What do I care ? Not nice I know but that's where I am just now.

N
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic1
The school are aware - not overly helpful. One set of parents are hugely scarey . . . DD has asked us not to approach the parents re the bullying as she is worried it will make it worse. I'm not sure it can get worse ? She is away skiing just now - and then it's half term - the messages have stopped but school is still a bit difficult. However, she is mixing with other girls rather than trying to get the horrid ones to be her friend and that has put them on the back foot a bit . . . They are not used to being ignored and it's annoying the hell out of them! No doubt next week they will turn their vicious eyes and comments on someone else who is prettier/more popular/cleverer/more confident/whatever than they are.

I was going to talk to the parents re the vomitting, but now just think well let her get on with it. What do I care ? Not nice I know but that's where I am just now.

N
My kids have had their share of bullying. My son was bullied but luckily he got through it and now he's older and the boys are older they've become friends and put the past behind them.

With girls it's worse as it's usually spiteful and psychological. My middle daughter had the text messages and facebook stuff. Basically it was a load of little tarts being nasty and threatening all sorts of stuff. My son told his friends and the message got round to 'blank' the girls out at all social events and they soon stopped when they realised that they were becoming outcasts amongst the teenagers in Abu Dhabi. The girls were so nasty that they were expelled from their school.

The worst was when "Audrey Hepburn" was head butted by a really sleazy girl and another one rammed her face into the sink in the ladies when they were out. Her friends also were attacked. When Tattoo Girl (sorry she has piercings and tattoos Blue Cat despite which she is very intelligent and lovely) returned to Abu Dhabi she found the girls in question and told them their fortunes. No violence involved but the problem solved and sincere apologies all round.

I guess my lot are lucky that they are all able to look out for each other. But I think the way your daughter is doing things is best, to find new friends and blank out the spiteful ones - she will prove she is worth more and that they can't get over her.

Good luck to her, with you supporting her and loving her, she'll surely be fine. We tend to hurt for them that's one of our problems.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

N
Don't go to the school - if they are washing their hands of it, go to the Saudi police.

Show them the text messages and tell them 'the school say there is nothing that they can do'............

.......... the Saudi Polizei love it when expats rat up other expats - and if the school find out you've done it, they'll amazingly sort the problem out......... before the police do.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Squirty - you are right, we hurt more than them I think. It is calming down and she is quite philosophical about it but I am still ranting and raving and wanting to hurt them really badly and really I am a very peaceful person. Hate violence but my god they've made me mad.

TD - that's interesting as I was thinking for a while that the police may be the way to go . . . but didn't think they'd be interested. Little cows deserve a big scare.

Now we are hoping it has all gone away, but if it starts again we have printouts of the last lot of abuse so will do more about it next time. The sad thing is that it will be someone else they pick on next week. They are well known at the school . . . . for all the wrong reasons!

Thanks for the support.
N
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

The young 13 year old lad who just fathered a child has joined the action group 'Fathers for Justice'. He's not really sure what it's all about but he's made up with his spiderman outfit......
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Well, DH has held me back from slapping the little cows hard round the face - and I am really a very very non-violent person but this has brought out lioness mother in me. They are nasty, jealous bitches and need to be exterminated. Apart from that I'm coping fine

Lost it a bit when one girl sent a message via DS MSN to say 'tell your sister she's a bitch' . . . . DD and DS held me back from replying . . . . DS was amazing replied 'leave my sister alone, she is a far far better person than you' - so proud!

Teenage girls are horrible - apart from my teenage girl of course. It is so hard to see your child in tears, scared to go to school in case the big chav might slap her . . . .

However, strange and wierd as it might sound I would rather she was bullied than she was a bully. Bullies must have such awful insecurities to attack other people so badly. One of the girls vomits if she eats more than a crumb and another cuts herself . . . So sad really.
ah Nic poor you and your darling, thats bloody awful.... Cyber hugs for you dolly

Yeah teenage girls can be horrid, teenage boys are a lot easier in my opinion. Even my boy tells me the girls at school are just plain nasty to each other
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
The young 13 year old lad who just fathered a child has joined the action group 'Fathers for Justice'. He's not really sure what it's all about but he's made up with his spiderman outfit......
heh heh, that's the best post of the week.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:17 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

Originally Posted by annacarna
Yeah teenage girls can be horrid.
All women are like this regardless of age, if you have two who know a third but isn't present they will be ripping a strip out of her.

It's often made me wonder why? When blokes get togeather we are quite happy just having a laugh, talking about something factual, pulling something apart or watching sports. Why do we feel so differently compelled to know how everything works and share happy times at the pub moaning about wives, politics, cars, terrible football teams . Yet women will never wonder why microwaves make food hot or if they could do this:

They other thread was right, men are just happy folk. If it wasn't for the sex things we'd be classed as different species .
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
All women are like this regardless of age, if you have two who know a third but isn't present they will be ripping a strip out of her.

It's often made me wonder why? When blokes get togeather we are quite happy just having a laugh, talking about something factual, pulling something apart or watching sports. Why do we feel so differently compelled to know how everything works and share happy times at the pub moaning about wives, politics, cars, terrible football teams . Yet women will never wonder why microwaves make food hot or if they could do this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-MLktQKK82o&feature=related

They other thread was right, men are just happy folk. If it wasn't for the sex things we'd be classed as different species .
Maybe the women you know!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: 13 year old boy in UK becomes a dad

Originally Posted by annacarna
Maybe the women you know!
Yes well, I can't speak for the ones what work at Tesco or Aldi.

I was Lidl only.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
What twaddle. All women are NOT like that.

-
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Meow
What twaddle. All women are NOT like that.
All right, that is an exaduration.