Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

** Serious plea for help **

** Serious plea for help **

Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default ** Serious plea for help **

Do we have any doctors amongst us on this forum? My mum needs some written test results looking at (we will send them electronically) as she is in Italy and her Doctor is avoiding telling her what is wrong!! Please let me know if any of you can help.

Last edited by Bigtaff; Feb 5th 2011 at 2:29 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Serious plea for help **

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Do we have any doctors amongst us on this forum? My mum needs some written test results looking atwedge will send them electronically) as she is in Italy and her Doctor is avoiding telling her what is wrong!! Please let me know if any of you can help.
Give me a slap if this is a stupid question, but are the notes in Italian?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
Give me a slap if this is a stupid question, but are the notes in Italian?
Fair question but no, it's all in English medical jargon. Her test results indicate kidney damage or disease but doctor wont offer any help or advice!?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any doctors amongst us on this forum? My mum needs some written test results looking at (we will send them electronically) as she is in Italy and her Doctor is avoiding telling her what is wrong!! Please let me know if any of you can help.
you will be able to read them yourself, a blood tests etc have range on them that is classed as fair, and that's where they results should lie if that makes sense. Is she ill or is this just a routine check up? I am not a Nurse but did work in the NHS for 15 years, in various departments. I would get them sent over to UK GP for reading.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you will be able to read them yourself, a blood tests etc have range on them that is classed as fair, and that's where they results should lie if that makes sense. Is she ill or is this just a routine check up? I am not a Nurse but did work in the NHS for 15 years, in various departments. I would get them sent over to UK GP for reading.
No, she's not ill as such but has recently been diagnosed with diabetes so now watches and checks everything. Her last blood test show very high levels of Albumin which indicates kidney damage or failure. The doctor who ordered the test for her doesn't want to elaborate on what the test shows and won't give her any advice.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No, she's not ill as such but has recently been diagnosed with diabetes so now watches and checks everything. Her last blood test show very high levels of Albumin which indicates kidney damage or failure. The doctor who ordered the test for her doesn't want to elaborate on what the test shows and won't give her any advice.
in that case I would go to another Doctor
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Dr Google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albumin

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/high-albumin-levels.html
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
in that case I would go to another Doctor
She's on her 4th doctor already, mainly due to poor spoken English with some and some being useless.

E.M - she is in contact with Diabetes UK at the moment for advice from them and she is pretty switched on so will have done all the google work already but cheers. I see a flight home on the cards for her. Either that or she will try someone here when their transfer to work in Abu Dhabi happens.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:19 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

NHS Direct are usually very good (I'm assuming you mum's British).

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/About/CallingNHSDirect
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
NHS Direct are usually very good (I'm assuming you mum's British).

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/About/CallingNHSDirect
She is! Cheers for that