St Lucia Holiday Home

Old May 10th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St Lucia Holiday Home

Noticed that St Lucia is getting a lot of press recently with regards to property investment (or is it a lot of hype?).

I have some experience of buying abroad and know if the timing and location is right you can potentially get a good return. I was wondering what everyone's views are on the property market in St Lucia, where to buy and details of a good agent(s)?

I'm visiting in July and I'm debating whether to spend a couple of days looking at holiday homes.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: St Lucia Holiday Home

*Bump*
Anyone?
Old May 13th 2008, 11:53 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3aces
*Bump*
Anyone?
Ok seeing as you bumped me I shall respond.
Personally I find buying a home in the Caribbean more about a lifestyle choice than trying to make a quick return, and seeing as most people on this forum are more interested in making that massive change to a more stress free lifestyle this is their biggest priority. Hence the lack of response to your question. Lets be honest the global property market is looking a bit shaky right now. Would I tell someone to invest in St lucia with the aim of making a fast buck ? No. Would I tell someone to invest in St lucia with the view to creating a better lifestyle for themselves ? Yes.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response.

I should have explained myself a bit better but due a busy and often stressful lifestyle I often leave out the salient points.

We are looking for a lifestyle change. Initially, we expect to spend 3 months every year there with a view to migrating in 2 - 3 years.

From what I have read, St Lucia is an emerging market (in terms of property) so even if we bought somewhere and didn't want to eventually settle there, we could rent it out.

So to sum it up. We're not looking for a fast buck, we just want the peace of mind knowing that if we did buy somewhere we could expect it to steadily appreciate over the years.

We're in St Lucia in July for two weeks and would like to spend a day or two seeing what is available. I can't see any harm in keeping our options open
Old May 13th 2008, 3:21 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response.

I should have explained myself a bit better but due a busy and often stressful lifestyle I often leave out the salient points.

We are looking for a lifestyle change. Initially, we expect to spend 3 months every year there with a view to migrating in 2 - 3 years.

From what I have read, St Lucia is an emerging market (in terms of property) so even if we bought somewhere and didn't want to eventually settle there, we could rent it out.

So to sum it up. We're not looking for a fast buck, we just want the peace of mind knowing that if we did buy somewhere we could expect it to steadily appreciate over the years.

We're in St Lucia in July for two weeks and would like to spend a day or two seeing what is available. I can't see any harm in keeping our options open

From my experience the easiest resale area would be Rodney Bay and the environs. There are a few developments springing up at other locations around the island but still the most sought after property is in the North of the island around Rodney Bay, Cap Estate area where most of the facilities are. This is where the private schools are located, two large supermarkets, a mini mall, a new one being opened, numerous bars, clubs and restaurants. Also home to the gorgeous Reduit beach, one of the best beaches on the island and also on the way to having one of the biggest and modern marinas in the Caribbean capable of catering for the mega yachts. A lot of the hotels are situated around here. However this area is now the most expensive on the island, but still good value for money in comparison with some other islands. There are still some quiet pockets not too far from all the action, but far enough so that when all you desire is some peace and quiet, you can slip back into your calm piece of paradise.
Check out Bonne Terre, Moulin a Vent, Bois D'Orange, Trouya area etc. All these areas are a few minutes from all the action but offer that peace and quiet when you retreat to your own space. If you are into yachting, then another location on the hit list should be the beautiful Marigot Bay on the west Coast, mind you a bit of a trek from the main action so again a lifestyle choice location.

The South of the island is good for excursions and day trips to see the Pitons and sulphur springs, however after this is done most of the action is back up north.

I hope this helps !!!
Old May 13th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks and much appreciated.

Wondering what your views are on the Bay View development? We received information in the post the other day and it looks wonderful!

Old May 13th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Mr Redrose is a jewel in the roughMr Redrose is a jewel in the roughMr Redrose is a jewel in the roughMr Redrose is a jewel in the roughMr Redrose is a jewel in the rough

Wondering what your views are on the Bay View development? We received information in the post the other day and it looks wonderful!

We looked at off-plan developments, which I believe these are. The problem you have is you don't know what your view will be, nor what the access to your property will be i.e. level or up stairs.

Why don't you consider a ready built property? Put "cariblist" into your search engine, select "St Lucia" and "properties for sale" and see how much house you can get for your money. Of course, there is no substitute for a site visit - and you get a wonderful holiday as well.

Good hunting.

Mr Redrose
Old May 13th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Will do thanks
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Nequila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just wanted to say that we have bought a villa on the Bayview development 18 months ago, have visited the site three times and are due to go out again in December to check progress. We are very happy with the site and are hoping to let it for a couple of years then move out there full time too. Guess you are probably already there on holiday so hope you get the chance to check it out properly. St Lucia really is a fantastic place.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nequila
Hi, just wanted to say that we have bought a villa on the Bayview development 18 months ago, have visited the site three times and are due to go out again in December to check progress. We are very happy with the site and are hoping to let it for a couple of years then move out there full time too. Guess you are probably already there on holiday so hope you get the chance to check it out properly. St Lucia really is a fantastic place.
Thanks - in St Lucia as we speak. STL looks lovely
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi 3aces,

How did you get on in St Lucia? Did you get chance to check out Bayview?

Nicky
x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi 3aces,

How did you get on in St Lucia? Did you get chance to check out Bayview?

Nicky
x
Yes, I did. Nice place but would like to keep our options open for now :-)

Back in December to have another nose around.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Yes, I did. Nice place but would like to keep our options open for now :-)

Back in December to have another nose around.
Glad you liked it. We're going back out in December and hoping to see some walls and a roof on our villa by then! Has been a long process but hey, that's the caribbean way
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Glad you liked it. We're going back out in December and hoping to see some walls and a roof on our villa by then! Has been a long process but hey, that's the caribbean way
Where are you buying?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Where are you buying?
We bought off plan at Bayview in December 2006 in section B, were hoping to be in for Christmas this year, but have unfortunately had to book a hotel instead due to the delays with construction. At least we'll be in for next Christmas and we get to see another stage of development when we get back out there. We're in no hurry, no plans to move out permanently for another 3-5 years so the longer they take to build, the longer before we pay the final instalments. Did you do Soufriere and the Pitons, Brig Unicorn and Friday night Jump Up while you were there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.