Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Moving to St Lucia - advice & help

Moving to St Lucia - advice & help

Old Jan 7th 2014, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Nc1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to St Lucia - advice & help

Hello all,

I am a St Lucian, and thinking of moving back to St Lucia with my two young children and husband, and was wondering if anyone on here can give some advice on some questions.

1. Will my children be given tourist visas on arrival or will they get a longer temporary stay stamped in passport until I get there St Lucian passports organized?

2. Is the international school in Rodney Bay worth the fees they are charging?

3. Health insurance - can anyone recommend the best place for private health coverage and what can I expect to pay for a family of four?

4. The rental rates seem to vary from one agent to the next for similar properties, is there a reputable recommended estate agent that anyone can provide?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 12:25 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to St Lucia - advice & help

Originally Posted by Nc1982
Hello all,

I am a St Lucian, and thinking of moving back to St Lucia with my two young children and husband, and was wondering if anyone on here can give some advice on some questions.

1. Will my children be given tourist visas on arrival or will they get a longer temporary stay stamped in passport until I get there St Lucian passports organized?

2. Is the international school in Rodney Bay worth the fees they are charging?

3. Health insurance - can anyone recommend the best place for private health coverage and what can I expect to pay for a family of four?

4. The rental rates seem to vary from one agent to the next for similar properties, is there a reputable recommended estate agent that anyone can provide?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hi Nc1982. welcome to the forum. If you are a born and bred citizen of St Lucia you children will be St Lucians by descent. You can sort this out officially at the St Lucian high commission in London. When you have made a few more post I will be able to make personal recommendations for real estate agents I have used. Rates vary depending on what area of the island you want to live. Have you got a definite idea in mind, then we can look more closely at someone who deals in that area. The international schools seems to have a good reputation but only someone who has children going there will be able to advise you further of this. Hopefully someone will be able to advise you on the cost of health insurance.