importing pets

Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

1zulu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importing pets

Has anyone imported their furry family members into St. Lucia who could share their experiences with me? Thanks kindly for any stories, tips, etc. Karen
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:21 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importing pets

Hi Karen, welcome to the Forum. I know of a few people who have brought their dogs onto the island. Your vet should be able to advise you of the jabs and certificates that are needed. From memory I recall they used http://www.petairuk.com/ to transport their animals.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

1zulu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks pgtips. I appreciate your reply.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:26 am
Just Joined

grandmalee is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought two dogs from Florida and had to get a rabies test and wait six months and provide a lot of other paperwork regarding their shots and well being, etc. We flew with them on American from Miami so it was a relatively short flight and they did very well - actually, I was amazed at how well they did, having to stay in their crates for hours. I would have to look up the number for the vet in the Ministry we dealt with here in St Lucia and I can't even come up with her name...sorry. Let me know what info you need and I will get the name and number for you if you need it. Good Luck!