Nanny jobs st.lucia

Old Mar 27th 2016, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Indie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nanny jobs st.lucia

Hi all,

I have booked to come down to st.lucia in July for 6 weeks with my 5 year old.
I am seriously considering staying there if I find work though. Already have accommodation, car, citizenship as I travel to st. Lucia quite frequently and all my family are there and also my partner.
I am really hoping to find work in childcare whether this be nannying for a family or working in a daycare or school. I have tried contacting schools but haven't really got anywhere with that so now considering nannying. Anyone know where to start with this or better still (even though this is a long shot!) Anyone know of anyone looking for a nanny or au pair!?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nanny jobs st.lucia

Would you need a work permit ?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

No..I have st.Lucian citizenship (via descent). I have also sorted an St.Lucian ID card with ni number already

Last edited by Indie123; Mar 27th 2016 at 4:56 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 1:39 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

If you find a nannying job great, but isnt thr majority of semi casual work in the tourist industry? If you really want to stay on the island, Could you be happy working in a bar restaurant or hotel?
Old Mar 28th 2016, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
If you find a nannying job great, but isnt thr majority of semi casual work in the tourist industry? If you really want to stay on the island, Could you be happy working in a bar restaurant or hotel?
I wouldn't mind but I have no experience whatsover working in either...so not sure how easy it will be to find a job in that area. Don't think bar or restaurant would suit me...possibly hotel work though. I am open when it comes to work..would like to start off looking for something I prefer though.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Indie123
Hi all,

I have booked to come down to st.lucia in July for 6 weeks with my 5 year old.
I am seriously considering staying there if I find work though. Already have accommodation, car, citizenship as I travel to st. Lucia quite frequently and all my family are there and also my partner.
I am really hoping to find work in childcare whether this be nannying for a family or working in a daycare or school. I have tried contacting schools but haven't really got anywhere with that so now considering nannying. Anyone know where to start with this or better still (even though this is a long shot!) Anyone know of anyone looking for a nanny or au pair!?
Personally, I think that nannying or even professional babysitting would be a good idea but I'm not sure what the hotels have laid on already in this regard. You might need to produce credentials though, or build them to show your trustworthiness and reliability.

I would think it best to make contact with potentially-interested hotels such as Windjammer, the Bay Gardens Group, Coco (Palm/Kreole) and Rex plus the hotels in Marigot Bay - you never know how fully covered they are in this respect.

Even though St Lucia is becoming a more family-oriented travel destination, parents could use a break from time to time and a lot of the restaurants outside of the hotels do not necessarily cater to children's needs.

BTW, I think that care in general, and this can include childcare, is a huge growth opportunity in St Lucia though is likely to be more directed at outsiders coming in who need care services than St Lucians per se.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:39 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Personally, I think that nannying or even professional babysitting would be a good idea but I'm not sure what the hotels have laid on already in this regard. You might need to produce credentials though, or build them to show your trustworthiness and reliability.

I would think it best to make contact with potentially-interested hotels such as Windjammer, the Bay Gardens Group, Coco (Palm/Kreole) and Rex plus the hotels in Marigot Bay - you never know how fully covered they are in this respect.

Even though St Lucia is becoming a more family-oriented travel destination, parents could use a break from time to time and a lot of the restaurants outside of the hotels do not necessarily cater to children's needs.

BTW, I think that care in general, and this can include childcare, is a huge growth opportunity in St Lucia though is likely to be more directed at outsiders coming in who need care services than St Lucians per se.
Agree. Great response.