Ye olde arcade game down the pub

Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ye olde arcade game down the pub

I notice Jules et al are having a chat about old arcade games and reminded me of lazy weekday nights down the local feeding 10p pieces in at alarming rates.

I was never a big fan of games and have never been into computer games either (save for a 2 yr interest with Half Life in the late 90s ).

I did like a game called Midway where you had to take various fighter planes through the different sea based battles. A friend of mine and I took that game all the way to the end one night ( it took hours!).

I did watch a documentary called 'King of Kong' the other day about Billy Mitchell, which was very interesting and pretty frightening to realise how obsessive some people are (says the guy with a pair of cycle wheels worth $4k).

Standout games for me were:

Midway
Frogger
Asteroids

I hated that game with the rolling ball where you had to protect the base stations (forgot what it's called?).

C'mon then, let's hear yours.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Ye olde arcade game down the pub

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I notice Jules et al are having a chat about old arcade games and reminded me of lazy weekday nights down the local feeding 10p pieces in at alarming rates.

I was never a big fan of games and have never been into computer games either (save for a 2 yr interest with Half Life in the late 90s ).

I did like a game called Midway where you had to take various fighter planes through the different sea based battles. A friend of mine and I took that game all the way to the end one night ( it took hours!).

I did watch a documentary called 'King of Kong' the other day about Billy Mitchell, which was very interesting and pretty frightening to realise how obsessive some people are (says the guy with a pair of cycle wheels worth $4k).

Midway
Frogger
Asteroids

I hated that game with the rolling ball where you had to protect the base stations (forgot what it's called?).

But i'm not old
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah Half-Life

Are you talking about proper arcade games?

Our local had a Pac-Man set into a table, very comfortable, I loved that.

Space Invaders of course.

and the star wars one where you sit in a 'cockpit' - seemed totally mind-blowing at the time

Last edited by Sally Redux; Sep 24th 2009 at 10:06 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:01 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy

Midway
Frogger
Asteroids

Well I also had a severe addiction with Half Life as well. I also used to play Command and Conquer a third world war strategy scenario, where you chose either the Americans or the Russians, it was one of those games that took over your life......not a healthy game to play.

Then there was the Final Fantasy series.............
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:06 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Oh yeah Half-Life

Are you talking about proper arcade games?

Our local had a Pac-Man set into a table, very comfortable, I loved that.

Space Invaders of course.

and the star wars one where you sit in a 'cockpit' - seemed totallt mind-blowing at the time
Thanks to you, I`ve now discovered the arcade on here and have now started to play Tetris. Problem is I get addicted very quickly.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Thanks to you, I`ve now discovered the arcade on here and have now started to play Tetris. Problem is I get addicted very quickly.
I'm rubbish at Tetris
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I also had a severe addiction with Half Life as well. I also used to play Command and Conquer a third world war strategy scenario, where you chose either the Americans or the Russians, it was one of those games that took over your life......not a healthy game to play.

Then there was the Final Fantasy series.............
Warhammer is good too.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:10 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I'm rubbish at Tetris
....and Tetris is hell of a lot easier than Starship Challenge.

As for Warhammer never played it but will investigate.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As for Warhammer never played it but will investigate.
The early games were closely based on the Games Workshop table-top strategy games and were brilliant if you like that kind of thing.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:27 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

The early games were closely based on the Games Workshop table-top strategy games and were brilliant if you like that kind of thing.
Surprisingly I don`t know too much about Warhammer, which is strange given that I`m a huge fan of Tolkien and have also read a lot of Forgotten Realms stuff over the years.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surprisingly I don`t know too much about Warhammer, which is strange given that I`m a huge fan of Tolkien and have also read a lot of Forgotten Realms stuff over the years.
The first game was on PS1 and was great, I wish I hadn't chucked it because I think it's worth a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhamm...the_Horned_Rat
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:34 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

The first game was on PS1 and was great, I wish I hadn't chucked it because I think it's worth a bit.
I going to research Warhammer tomorrow and then I`ll tell you what I think of it, its 12.30 where I am and too late to do it now.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I going to research Warhammer tomorrow and then I`ll tell you what I think of it, its 12.30 where I am and too late to do it now.
Good night.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I remember one summer having a lot of fun playing Pac-man and Space invaders at the arcade, that was the extent of my obsession with video games.
I do remember my Dh's sister getting the first Nintendo, we had a lot of fun on Cristmas with Duck hunt and Mario brothers That makes me pretty old.
My son has X-Box 360, I've never even tried it. We did try Wii this summer, that was a lot of fun, bowling, tennis and baseball.
We did the Wii age thing I was 80
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:46 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Good night.
Buenos noches mi compaƱera de videojuegos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.