Winter's here :)

Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:38 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter's here :)

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Any snow in Devon yet Bev? Seems to be the whole country is white and clean, it looks gorgeous.
We woke up to a dusting yesterday, but it went pretty quickly.

It's fine by me. I think it's odd how little mention there is of the areas without the snow and bitter cold. As if no one wants to know!

There may be snow on the higher ground, though.

Bev
Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
We woke up to a dusting yesterday, but it went pretty quickly.

It's fine by me. I think it's odd how little mention there is of the areas without the snow and bitter cold. As if no one wants to know!

There may be snow on the higher ground, though.

Bev
I agree, it's as if we are supposed to think the whole country is gripped in an Ice Age.............which I did.

The great British media once again painting a grim picture of Broken Britain?
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:12 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it's as if we are supposed to think the whole country is gripped in an Ice Age.............which I did.

The great British media once again painting a grim picture of Broken Britain?
Well it was an unprecedented cold spell so early in the season (in January or February it would have been seen as an occasional happening); you can see fron the following link how most of the UK was under snow

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...wed-under.html

There have been reports of people freezing to death in their garden ( a couple in Cumbria, where you would have thought they'd know how to adapt to cold spells), and transport disruption galore (Edinburgh and Gatwick airports were shut, train services cancelled etc). Luckily it appears to be moderating in a lot of areas, but apparently Scotland is still hard hit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11919767

Probably best to keep an eye on the BBC website if you are travelling to the UK
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I did mean emotionally lighter, it's a real strange feeling.....I can't wait to get it back again!! I was doing OK in the UK with the weight until the last 3 months, snow, hard to get out, Christmas goodies and it all got too much LOL!!

Ah that's not good about Mrs TB I wonder if she has "that" feeling that we have not living in the UK? Does she prefer Australia or Korea? If she wants to move back to her home would you go?
She definitely prefers Oz to Korea but we have spoken about doing a spell in Korea, not long term though, maybe a couple of years. But Sydney is where she wants to be long term.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:46 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
She definitely prefers Oz to Korea but we have spoken about doing a spell in Korea, not long term though, maybe a couple of years. But Sydney is where she wants to be long term.
Ouch!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:09 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The cold blast from the North is expected to hit the UK again overnight, and the cold spell is predicted to last several weeks. Wrap up well if you're travelling to the UK
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
The cold blast from the North is expected to hit the UK again overnight, and the cold spell is predicted to last several weeks. Wrap up well if you're travelling to the UK
What's wrong with cold weather?

reading some posts on this site make me wonder how Northern Europe, most of America, Canada and Asia and many other countries managed to survive for so long
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
What's wrong with cold weather?
It's cold!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's cold!!

You make that sound like a bad thing
Old Dec 15th 2010, 10:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

For some it is, I hate being cold. My feet and hands turn blue and my skin resembles crocodile skin!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It is for me. I hated it last week when I was in the UK and it was -6. Played havoc with my foot too, ached the whole time! (I broke it earlier this year, and it hurts in the cold )
Old Dec 16th 2010, 12:29 am
Home Sweet Home

Well I for one, can't wait for my last hot Christmas to be over, I am looking forward to cold proper Christmases.

Mind you don't fancy the aching tootsies though.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

When referring to cold us cyclists have a saying.

"There's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes".

Talking about a white Xmas here. I have a race on Boxing Day which I don't mind missing, but definitely want to make our flight to Vienna on Dec 30th.

So, in summary, big dump of snow Xmas Eve and gone by 7am Boxing Day will just right, thanks.

Last edited by Tr1boy; Dec 16th 2010 at 6:18 am.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:35 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
When referring to cold us cyclists have a saying.

"There's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes".

Talking about a white Xmas here. I have a race on Boxing Day which I don't mind missing, but definitely want to make our flight to Vienna on Dec 30th.

So, in summary, big dump of snow Xmas Eve and gone by 7am Boxing Day will just right, thanks.
Well you know I have been off work today with the flu, spent most of my time on Flickr uploading pics and there are LOADS I looked at in October through to March this year and I can honestly say that I am more uncomfortable with the heat in Australia than I am with the cold in the UK.

As you so rightly say TB if you wear the right clothes then you will be OK, but in this stinkin' heat it's so much harder to stay cool..........

But I am sure somebody will be along to tell me I am wrong and they love the long hot Aussie summers.......horses for courses I say.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well you know I have been off work today with the flu, spent most of my time on Flickr uploading pics and there are LOADS I looked at in October through to March this year and I can honestly say that I am more uncomfortable with the heat in Australia than I am with the cold in the UK.

As you so rightly say TB if you wear the right clothes then you will be OK, but in this stinkin' heat it's so much harder to stay cool..........

But I am sure somebody will be along to tell me I am wrong and they love the long hot Aussie summers.......horses for courses I say.
Horses for courses, absolutely. I do not like it above 35 and I certainly couldn't live in QLD, the humidity would kill me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.