Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

When Things Like This Happen, You Know It's The Right Decision

When Things Like This Happen, You Know It's The Right Decision

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:36 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default When Things Like This Happen, You Know It's The Right Decision

I am hopping around my lounge with excitement. I have been really worried about getting a job when i go back as i have been away so long.
A good friend of mine, who i helped out many years ago and gave HER a job, has now returned the favour!!!! Yippeeee

I emailed her to tell the the news about coming home and said i needed a job but had no idea where to start. Not only is she in charge of hiring and firing where she works, but has told me i have a choice of 3 different jobs to choose from and to take my pick...OMG !

This is a great week. Another new grandchild and a job to go back to before ive left Sydney.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Things Like This Happen, You Know It's The Right Decision

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am hopping around my lounge with excitement. I have been really worried about getting a job when i go back as i have been away so long.
A good friend of mine, who i helped out many years ago and gave HER a job, has now returned the favour!!!! Yippeeee

I emailed her to tell the the news about coming home and said i needed a job but had no idea where to start. Not only is she in charge of hiring and firing where she works, but has told me i have a choice of 3 different jobs to choose from and to take my pick...OMG !

This is a great week. Another new grandchild and a job to go back to before ive left Sydney.
well done, that is great news! Now what will the 3rd lucky thing be...let us know.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:45 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
well done, that is great news! Now what will the 3rd lucky thing be...let us know.
Aha! Yes has to be a 3rd doesnt there. Ok, theres 21 million on offer on Saturdays lotto. I'll buy a ticket today ..lol

I knew helping that woman would pay off one day. I had to wait a while but she's really come up trumps. Just goes to show, do people a good turn instead of a bad one and you'll be repaid, even if you do have to wait 13yrs...
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aha! Yes has to be a 3rd doesnt there. Ok, theres 21 million on offer on Saturdays lotto. I'll buy a ticket today ..lol

I knew helping that woman would pay off one day. I had to wait a while but she's really come up trumps. Just goes to show, do people a good turn instead of a bad one and you'll be repaid, even if you do have to wait 13yrs...
Sounds like it was meant to be...good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

How is the baby, Flea?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news Flea..all falling into place so easily
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Brilliant news Flea..all falling into place so easily
Aye...that's when you know you are doing the right thing IMHO.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

What brilliant news!!! Well done. At least thats one less thing to worry about.

Lynne

PS. Has your other daughter given birth. Just curious as you said "another new grandchild" Must of missed that one
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:07 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one. Great to here. I'll to raid the mental archives for favours I did people in the UK, I might need them next year
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:22 pm
I don't give a damn

Thanks guys.

Yes, my other daughter gave birth to a healthy little girl this week. Her name is Alexis, 7lb 13oz

My other little grandaughter now 3 weeks old has started treatment for her club feet. She had plaster casts put on her legs yesterday. Surgeons are optimistic with a lot of work, couple of operations and physio she should be able to walk just like other kids eventually, although one leg may be thinner than the other. Poor wee mite wasnt pleased with the casts being put on though!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:24 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Grats on your good news! It's really true, what goes around, comes around! Wishing you all the best for you and your family, especially the tiny new additions!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Yes, my other daughter gave birth to a healthy little girl this week. Her name is Alexis, 7lb 13oz

My other little grandaughter now 3 weeks old has started treatment for her club feet. She had plaster casts put on her legs yesterday. Surgeons are optimistic with a lot of work, couple of operations and physio she should be able to walk just like other kids eventually, although one leg may be thinner than the other. Poor wee mite wasnt pleased with the casts being put on though!!
A bit belated but "CONGRATULATIONS" on the birth of your grand daughter

Lynne
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Sounds like you are all set then....when do you go back home? I haven't been on the boards as much as I'd like too! so I don't know your whole story....I've been busy what with summer break and having a new baby myself which now makes 3children!

so glad its all working out....lucky 13 is your #then...
We are in the same situation, hubby needs a job,time will tell, hoping for next summer... I can't wait for it to work out for us too!
god bless.xox congrats on being a grandmother
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news...any going spare for a experienced primary school teacher..lol

good luck anyway.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Flea - so glad its all coming together for you xx

Kath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.