What are your plans for Christmas

Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are your plans for Christmas

Hi,

We have just planned our Christmas and New Year for this year (I have been super effificent which is a first for me....scary thought lol) ....just being nosey and wanted to know what your all doing/planning.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:55 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your plans for Christmas

Scarily we are going back to Australia for a month to see our son!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Going home for Christmas, haven't been back in 5 years and only the 2nd time back for Christmas in 15. I can't wait, I LOVE Christmas in England.

Sis has a house in the Alps so a week of skiing then back to the Island ( I'm from Jersey ) for a week of catching up, mince pies, beers, Christmas pud, beers, turkey , beers and then beer.

Last edited by Englishman43; Nov 1st 2011 at 7:38 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Cornwall. Long walks, beach, family, log fire, good food, copious amounts of wine and no work for 10 days. Plus of course two very overexcited small children (plus a nephew, but at just one he's not really old enough to get overexcited) who will make it extra magical as they still believe in it all.

Perfect!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving the sunshine and palm trees of Los Angeles for the cold and wet of Kent......and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Christmas Eve at Canterbury Cathedral. Shopping in Tunbridge Wells Can't wait
Old Nov 1st 2011, 11:08 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We'll be right here, me, Dh, Ds, Dd and a turkey.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:11 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

I will be in Las Vegas like I have been for the past 15 Christmases
But I will be with my dad which is not bad at all.
So I will have a good Christmas. I hope that everyone has a good Christmas.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be here - same as I have been for the past 20 years (OMG, I can't believe I've been here that long). No doubt it will be snowing as it usually does. Just spending time with my (adult) children and 2 little grand-children. I only get a few days off work so will make the most of it. No doubt I will be making a few trips to World Market between now and Christmas to stock up on all the British goodies!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Cornwall. Long walks, beach, family, log fire, good food, copious amounts of wine and no work for 10 days. Plus of course two very overexcited small children (plus a nephew, but at just one he's not really old enough to get overexcited) who will make it extra magical as they still believe in it all.

Perfect!
Wow - I am soooooo jealous! Cornwall is my absolute favorite part of England. I have many happy memories of vacations there!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all

Going back to the UK for Xmas this year too. I've not been back for almost 3 years and it'll be the first time I've celebrated Xmas there in 10 years. It will also be my wife's first UK Xmas (she's already booked to go to a Panto with my Mum...don't know what she'll make of Joe Pasquale!!!! LOL)

I can't wait to spend time with my parents especially because since the last time I visited my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He's doing fine now after having radio and chemo therapy so that is good - but for the last 18 months I've just wanted to hug him and I haven't been able to.

So other than spending time with my family in Nottingham we're planning on spending a few days in London between Xmas and New Year and also maybe taking a couple of days somewhere up north before Xmas. I'll also take the opportunity to go and watch Nottingham Forest, drink beer with friends and take some nice long walks in the countryside (weather permitting of course).
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

alicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nicealicat26 is just really nice

Originally Posted by britwhore
Leaving the sunshine and palm trees of Los Angeles for the cold and wet of Kent......and I couldn't be happier!!!!!! Christmas Eve at Canterbury Cathedral. Shopping in Tunbridge Wells Can't wait
Me too, leaving the sunshine state and palm trees for the hills of sheffield. Can't wait! Seeing family and friends, pub meals, good telly, good shopping and food some nice cold weather for a change! I know it seems crazy to say such things but it's true.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

I will be spending Christmas here (US) with my family. I can't wait for Christmas 2012 however because that will be my first Christmas back since leaving as a child
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:05 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to not be in work, which is bliss enough for me.

I don't tend to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, etc., when they are "scheduled" (often because I just forget - including my own birthday).

I'm looking at taking Suzy to Bute for a few days, maybe take some annual leave the day after my last class (December 15th). Some beautiful walking there, nice quiet, small place.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

UK for 3 weeks at Christmas, first down to Bath to visit sister, then to London hotel for 3 nights to see the sights, then back oooop North for a couple of weeks of too much of everything before heading back to Dubai for a rest!

NOT looking forward to the cold, so shall no doubt be perched on a radiator for the duration of the visit.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:14 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

This year, we'll be spending Christmas in a frenzy of activity getting our house ready to go on the market early in the new year

Next year, I hope to be able to answer this question with a full schedule of family occasions and parties with friends

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.