Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:35 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Originally Posted by cabritpop
He's the bloke who does those turkeys on the telly.
That's Matthews
(sorry am I spoiling another joke here )
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
That's Matthews
(sorry am I spoiling another joke here )
Oh sorry, Matthew Kelly is the bloke who does the turkey ads. My bad.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:13 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you were thinking of someone even different -
I was thinking of turkeys - Bernard Matthews
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mancity
Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

No identity, no rights ...

for all those coming back, I hoped its a good return,

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
Nothing stays the same, in any country...there will always be immigrants, and government issues, durgs, being overtaxed, etc. anywhere you go in the world....

If England is that bad, why did you move back and not just visit to check it out and really make sure??...obviously you spent more money than you should....

We are all entitled to an opinion and it won't be the same for everyone!!

I went back on a holiday and loved it!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
Nothing stays the same, in any country...there will always be immigrants, and government issues, durgs, being overtaxed, etc. anywhere you go in the world....

If England is that bad, why did you move back and not just visit to check it out and really make sure??...obviously you spent more money than you should....

We are all entitled to an opinion and it won't be the same for everyone!!

I went back on a holiday and loved it!!
The OP also used to make the same sort of post about Australia on the PIP website when he lived in Perth.

Make your own mind up about his opinion.

G
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

Now you've really killed my joke.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
The OP also used to make the same sort of post about Australia on the PIP website when he lived in Perth.

Make your own mind up about his opinion.

G
OHHH! good thing someone is doing background checks...thanks for the info.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Wasn't it "Going for gold"?

Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally
Wasn't it "Going for gold"?

I thought it was "Bootiful". Anyway, Henry Winkler presented Going for gold.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was "Bootiful". Anyway, Henry Winkler presented Going for gold.
Oh God Yes. Happy days.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

No identity, no rights ...

for all those coming back, I hoped its a good return,

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
Hello, Man City like you already, do you live in the same area as me its deffo gone to the dogs it is the pits and getting worse im a mad city fan GET ME OUT OF HERE
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't his turkeys get flu from his one of his offshore harem of birds?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

OP;Maybe you expect too much?! Also depends where you live, upbringing, who you know, what you earn, what your career is etc, etc. A very subjective thing all this emigration lark.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Should have read my PM's before posting....aah a comedian.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the pics, it was a joke, the house was the Hyatt on the Gold Coast, if I was that loaded would I really be moaning, first class all the way then baby....

My problem with aussie at the time was adjusting, I just didnt get it at all, I went through the "Rejection stage" of moving, and was well duped with a job, which turned nasty in the end, and has since then a small part has followed me back here, but every dog has his day, I am waiting for mine as I have time now, and maybe act my revenge but I most probably wont, I hope.

The Uk is a good place, but just not good enough fro me long term I should say, personally I am privelidged and very appreciative I am able to make these decisions now, being here has calmed me down to see what I had, and was doing and what I sincerley miss about the place, AUs that is.

For all those thinking of moving back, I found myself going doolaly, everything become a big deal, I failed to see things clearly make rational decisions, as my emotions were overdrive, nothing serious, I blame it on immaturity and being me, unrashionable and quick to do things without completely getting out of the box and thinking. This is a fault of mine I have rectified, but always had, always seem to come up in Appraisals!!!!!

Other things hat I see got me down, was still comparing eveything in £, comparing cars, my old job, pubs everything, I still lived in the UK for some dm reason, and wouldnt let go and relax and enjoy living.,

Also I worked with some sad gits, and one of them must be the saddist git in the world, a KIWI, all he did was drag everything down, I guess I got into this syndrome, the little arsehole should be kicked out with attitude!!!

I could go on, but please everyone absorb it, as Bernard Manning says enjoy life!!!! Life is wonderful.

And if you want to go peacefully .....go like bernards dad
nice and peacefully,

..........Not like his passengers all screaming and shouting!!!!!!!!

what are your plans mancity, i not having a pop by the way, i liked your posts. i came back to the uk and wndered if i dun the right thing in 2003, i then returned to oz to see what it was i wanted to do and after over a year back in perth i simply knew for sure oz just didnt cut it for me. i love being back in the uk warts and all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.