Upgrades

Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:17 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upgrades

What are the chances of that happening for me on Friday? Someone told me once it rarely happens on flights from Aus to London ... *sigh*

Any tips for getting picked?..lol

I saw an episode of Airport once and that Jeremy guy said you had to look the part to get picked.

Do i make bribe offers to the check in chick?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:00 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Upgrades

I tried to get an upgrade when I went back for Dads funeral. No chance!! Best I got was an empty seat beside me! Ah well, better than nowt.

You can always ask. Wear really posh clothes, look expensive, speak with a plum in your mush and if all else fails.....try bribery!

But basically, I reckon you've got one of two hopes....and the other ones 'Bob'!!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
What are the chances of that happening for me on Friday? Someone told me once it rarely happens on flights from Aus to London ... *sigh*

Any tips for getting picked?..lol

I saw an episode of Airport once and that Jeremy guy said you had to look the part to get picked.

Do i make bribe offers to the check in chick?
they more than likely won't give you one if you ask. It is considered by airline staff quite tacky/common to ask. Dress smartly and sit as close to the gate as you can. I was led to believe they will upgrade only if they are short on seats in economy so if you check in as late as possible they may be running short on room and offer you an upgrade. Although doing that if you haven't already prebooked your seats you take the chance of getting a crappy seat in economy.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

You are all too bloody common to be upgraded!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:54 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy

Cheeky mare

emmmm....she does have a point though!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Only the gate agent can upgrade, not the check in people. Some airline computer systems will only allow upgrades to people on higher fare tickets and frequent flier members so they'll get priority. They will really only do it if you're on a higher fare econ ticket and the flight is oversold in your class. Dress smartly and be a member of their frequent flier prog. You can ask but make sure you do it when their not surrounded by people and really busy. Being a gate agent sucks and they have a hard time at work so be super nice. A good way to open the convo is to ask about your seat assignment and maybe ask for a change and then just drop in "do you think you'll be upgrading on this flight". The worst they can do is say no.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:43 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy

Common?
I'm bruised and wounded by that comment, so much so i've given up on the looking posh avenue and decided to leave my Target pvc fake snake skin stiletto boots in the car park.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

maggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nice

I got upgraded on a KLM flight from Sydney to Heathrow quite a few years back, I didn't ask for it or anything, just asked for extra legroom when I checked in!! I was gobsmacked when I got on the plane when I realised where I was sitting, especially as I'd only paid a couple of hundred dollars for the ticket as a last minute one. I certainly wasn't "dressed the part" - I had one of those hyper-colour changing T-shirts on and a pair of scruffy legging type shorts on (typical backpacker gear of the early 90's!!)

Good luck for your flight home...

Maggie