Upcoming Referendum

Old May 12th 2016, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upcoming Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat
The main problem for British wishing to stay long term is the 180 days limit for any one stay.
The UK has a 6 months out of any 12 month rule for most visitors to the UK.
Old May 12th 2016, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Am I to take it then that you think India has more in common with the UK and Canada than Pakistan?
Is that a serious question?
With UK--genuine democracy, and government rule (not the army!). Freedom of religion, an independent justice system. Education for all, top class universities, haven't got links at the moment but the literacy rate for young people is 95%. In Pakistan less than 10% girls go to school. Food and gas subsidies for the poor. I could go on.
(The massive big city shopping malls probably more like USA than UK!!)

(I have never visited Canada)
Old May 12th 2016, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

UK steel boost as MEPs oppose giving China market economy status

UK steelmakers have cheered a European parliament resolution opposing plans that they believe would kill off the industry by permanently opening the floodgates to cheap Chinese steel.

MEPs passed a resolution saying China should not be granted market economy status by Brussels, which could make it harder for officials to impose punitive tariffs on Chinese steel. Brussels is due to make a ruling this year.

But Conservative MEPs came under fire for failing to back the motion, while European steelmakers called on the UK to get behind efforts to strengthen the trade defences available to EU economies.

While the resolution carries no legal weight, steel trade bodies welcomed a move that they said sent a message to politicians that the European steel industry needs protection from China.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Wow
I don't know what's worse. Brexit or the U.S. election.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I am sure in the long run everything will work out fine. I can't imagine long term problems by Britain leaving the EU.

My question is, how will Brexit affect immigration? I keep hearing so many different opinions on this subject.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveFortheUK
Wow
I don't know what's worse. Brexit or the U.S. election.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I am sure in the long run everything will work out fine. I can't imagine long term problems by Britain leaving the EU.

My question is, how will Brexit affect immigration? I keep hearing so many different opinions on this subject.
That is, of course, crap.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That is, of course, crap.
Why is it crap?
Come on, give a reason.
Please don't be like an American politician who states something and then doesn't elaborate.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it crap?
Come on, give a reason.
Please don't be like an American politician who states something and then doesn't elaborate.
Well it was you who made a specific initial claim with no attempt to justify it...
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:44 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Well just a few consequences of leaving the EU:

The recession will be extended by at least 4 years, necessitating even greater cuts in public spending. It is unlikely that the NHS, already in crisis, will not be affected.

Pensioner ex-pats living in EU countries will no longer receive the annual increase to their state pension. This is in addition to losing health care benefits and the fall in the pound reducing the value of their sterling pensions. Watch this forum for the cries of pain.

It will take around ten years for our trade agreements with the rest of the world to be negotiated, during which time our economy will suffer.

The Scottish Nationalists will demand another referendum, and this time are likely to win it. Additionally, the consequences for Ulster politics are likely to be dire. So, the break up of the United Kingdom is probable.

So, we'll all be worse off financially, our country will shrink in significance on the world stage, and we'll have political turmoil, but hey, we'll have our 'sovereignty' back and nobody can force us to eat straight bananas!
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Well it was you who made a specific initial claim with no attempt to justify it...
You're right. I did make a claim however I wasn't rude in my post. I believe that everything will be fine if Britain leaves because the EU has failed. Britain needs to save itself. The EU will break up eventually and the U.K. should get out now before a bigger disaster potentially occurs.

Is there uncertainty if the UK leaves? Of course there is. Let Britain break off. If it doesn't work, Britain can always bid to rejoin the EU. Or is that not an option once the UK says bye?
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
Well just a few consequences of leaving the EU:

The recession will be extended by at least 4 years, necessitating even greater cuts in public spending. It is unlikely that the NHS, already in crisis, will not be affected.

Pensioner ex-pats living in EU countries with ill no longer receive the annual increase to their state pension. This is in addition to losing health care benefits and the fall in the pound reducing the value of their sterling pensions. Watch this forum for the cries of pain.

It will take around ten years for our trade agreements with the rest of the world to be negotiated, during which time our economy will suffer.

The Scottish Nationalists will demand another referendum, and this time are likely to win it. Additionally, the consequences for Ulster politics are likely to be dire. So, the break up of the United Kingdom is probable.

So, we'll all be worse off financially, our country
will shrink in significance on the world stage, and we'll have political turmoil, but hey, we'll have our 'sovereignty' back and nobody can force us to eat straight bananas!

Hello
I'm curious, why would the recession last four years?
Is the British economy that bad?

I thought trade agreements were going to take two years to negotiate. That's what the economists are stating. Especially the American economists and yes we know how they fabricate information.

Why did Scotland want to leave the first time? Was it because the UK was part of the EU? If the UK leaves, wouldn't Scotland opt to stay Great Britain?

Sorry if the questions seem ridiculous but I'm trying to learn more about the UK.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Is there uncertainty if the UK leaves? Of course there is. Let Britain break off. If it doesn't work, Britain can always bid to rejoin the EU. Or is that not an option once the UK says bye?
Of course there's uncertainty if the UK leaves. No-one knows how easy/difficult it will be to negotiate replacement trade deals, or how long these will take to complete? And anyone who says different is lying.

There's always an option to rejoin the EU, but it'll be under the EU's terms. Britain wont get the same opt-outs from the Schengen area, the Eurozone and closer integration that it currently has.

Is that a better option for the UK?
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 8:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. I did make a claim however I wasn't rude in my post. I believe that everything will be fine if Britain leaves because the EU has failed. Britain needs to save itself. The EU will break up eventually and the U.K. should get out now before a bigger disaster potentially occurs.

More crap, But it's almost too late to bother explaining why. 20 minutes from now the die is cast.

I hope you're a confident gambler.

Times up. you're fate is sealed.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 23rd 2016 at 9:03 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 7:37 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Editha @ post# 143

How quickly can the divorce papers be signed, will it take 24 months or will Brussels push to get this done ASAP?

-Right now, as of Monday 27 June ...

- Is the Home Office/UKBA going move quickly on suspending the Surinder Singh route... hopefully yes

- Will all those presently in the UK from the EU (largest being Poland) who are not permanent residents be told to leave the UK....hopefully yes

- How quickly can the UK stop EU freedom of movement... hopefully by the end of 2016

- Will the UK airports change the border immigration passport control to remove the two tier entry of 'EU passport holders', to change it to British Citizens with EU passport holders lumped with 'all others' the way it was 40 odd years ago.... hopefully yes

- Will the EHIC for all the expats living in Europe be suspended... hopefully yes.

- What about the expats currently residing in Europe, will they be asked to leave, and if they are allowed to remain, will their indexed pensions no longer exist.... hopefully so

- What about the 'Good Friday' agreement between the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland, does that cease to exist .... hopefully so

- Within the next 36 months will Scotland & Northern Ireland have a a 'to separate from the UK referendum'.... hopefully so with a yes outcome.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Editha @ post# 143

How quickly can the divorce papers be signed, will it take 24 months or will Brussels push to get this done ASAP?

- Is the Home Office/UKBA going move quickly on suspending the Surinder Singh route... hopefully yes

- Will all those presently in the UK from the EU (largest being Poland) who are not permanent residents be told to leave the UK....hopefully yes

- How quickly can the UK stop EU freedom of movement... hopefully by the end of 2016

- Will the UK airports change the border immigration passport control to remove the two tier entry of 'EU passport holders', to change it to British Citizens with EU passport holders lumped with 'all others' the way it was 40 odd years ago.... hopefully yes

- Will the EHIC for all the expats living in Europe be suspended... hopefully yes.

- What about the expats currently residing in Europe, will they be asked to leave, and if they are allowed to remain, will their indexed pensions no longer exist.... hopefully so

- What about the 'Good Friday' agreement between the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland, does that cease to exist .... hopefully so

- Within the next 36 months will Scotland & Northern Ireland have a a 'to separate from the UK referendum'.... hopefully so with a yes outcome.
Nothing is going to change for at least two years save agitation for another Scottish independence referendum.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by not2old
Editha @ post# 143

The official exit will take around two years from whatever date the UK government informs the EU that they are exercising Article 50. This can be extended by agreement of all remaining 27 EU member states.

Is there a question?

No they're not. We are still an EU member until the official exit date.

It depends on the agreement between the UK and the EU. Any agreement to force EU nationals from the UK to leave would also very likely also force all UK nationals in other EU countries to return to the UK. It's a two-way street.

On the official exit date that the UK leaves the EU. Unless free movement continues as part of the UK-EU deal.

It depends on any UK-EU deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.