UK election - do you believe?

Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:42 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK election - do you believe?

Well its out in the open... promises, promises & promises just to get elected.

Seems there will be no outright winner

Policy guide - Election 2015 - BBC News
Old Apr 15th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election - do you believe?

This is going to be a very exciting election. I don't think I have ever voted here before and I am still not sure who I am going to vote for.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

I did one of those online quizzes and it said my value are matched to Lib Dems and the Green party (of course I don't take this too seriously). I am not home yet but will be in time to vote. I have not kept up with anything. Any down sides or upsides?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:52 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited to be able to vote here even though I know my party won't win in my area.

After so many years of US elections I'm pleasantly surprised by the sanity of this one - it's a relief that no-one is questioning anyone's birth certificate or accusing another candidate of being a muslim terrorist! And of course there is no talk of guns or religion, which is nice. But the best thing is how short it all is. They only started campaigning a few weeks ago and it'll all be over in a month!

From what I've been reading, it looks like a tough road for the Tories simply because Labour, SNP and the Greens have a lot of shared values and can probably form a strong coalition. Still, people often don't like change so we'll have to see.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Well its out in the open... promises, promises & promises just to get elected.

So the same as every other election in every western country then?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 5:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

This election campaign is being marred by the massive focus on tactical choices. It's brought about by the structural impact UKIP or the SNP could have on the country. Nevertheless I will vote for the party that best reflect my views.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

It's tough for any of us that are currently facing the spousal immigration nightmare to choose who to vote for. I've been following it closely and the Greens are the only party to have even mentioned it. I've seen it brought up on live debates only for the other parties to just brush it off. The Cons, UKIP and Lib Dems will only make that situation worse so voting for them is a no no. Labour have partly mentioned it a couple times but we can't be sure they will actually fix the situation. What to do hey?
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 3:52 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul M B
It's tough for any of us that are currently facing the spousal immigration nightmare to choose who to vote for. I've been following it closely and the Greens are the only party to have even mentioned it. I've seen it brought up on live debates only for the other parties to just brush it off. The Cons, UKIP and Lib Dems will only make that situation worse so voting for them is a no no. Labour have partly mentioned it a couple times but we can't be sure they will actually fix the situation. What to do hey?
Are you facing the spousal immigration nightmare?
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shard
Are you facing the spousal immigration nightmare?
Yes but we are still in the U.S. We haven't made the official application yet because it doesn't make any sense to pay out all the fees just to get a refusal. We are returning in July temporarily on a holiday to see what everything is like and if I can find a job to fill the requirements. I'm self employed at the moment and can't continue with it unless I feel like spending a potentially long time apart from my family while financial requirements are filled and the home office can't find ways around refusing me.
The Greens aren't standing where I am registered to vote so Labour or spoiling my vote are my only options it seems.

Last edited by Paul M B; Apr 23rd 2015 at 4:12 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:14 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Paul M B
Yes but we are still in the U.S. We haven't made the official application yet because it doesn't make any sense to pay out all the fees just to get a refusal. We are returning in July temporarily on a holiday to see what everything is like and if I can find a job to fill the requirements. I'm self employed at the moment and can't continue with it unless I feel like spending a potentially long time apart from my family while financial requirements are filled and the home office can't find ways around refusing me.
The Greens aren't standing where I am registered to vote so Labour or spoiling my vote are my only options it seems.
It's a crazy situation. There have been several newspaper articles on it. Good luck .
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shard
It's a crazy situation. There have been several newspaper articles on it. Good luck .
Thanks. It could easily be fixed by bringing back the third party sponsorship option but that's down to whoever wins the election to decided. All I know is the conservatives will spell the end of it rather than work to improve it.