Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

UK citizens now have NO absolute right to return to the UK

UK citizens now have NO absolute right to return to the UK

Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizens now have NO absolute right to return to the UK

Christ alive.

I would fear a jury of my peers.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:11 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Christ alive.

I would fear a jury of my peers.
Do nothing wrong and you have nothing to fear
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:13 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK terrorists could lose the right to return to the UK

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I think my question was pretty darned clear.
Indeed, as I said I have no names for you Judges I would assume.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Depends who's judging what is 'wrong', doesn't it?
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:23 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Define 'wrong'. To most Brits now, just offending their delicate sensibilities deserves a prison sentence. Many of these idiots actually believe that upsetting them is a criminal offence. You can't trust uneducated people with such power.

Further, I can't believe _anyone_ but the an ignoramus would use the phrase that you have. I hope you have used it in jest?
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:26 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK terrorists could lose the right to return to the UK

If someone is shown to have gone overseas to fight for a terrorist organisation that makes them a terrorist.
No it doesn't. What a load of poppycock. Go and read up on the definition of a 'terrorist'. Oh, what's that, you can't? Is that because:

1. There is NO universally agreed upon definition of the word. In fact, the word 'terrorism' was used to refer to the actions of the STATE against its citizens during the French Revolution.

You're not smart enough to be aware that no US Federal Agency shares the same definition of terrorism as the other. The FBI, CIA, DHS et al, all have differing definitions of the word 'terrorism'.

2. The word 'terrorist' has lost all meaning. It is now used as a label against the actions a state objects to. Some academics, myself included, would call that terrorism (causing fear and panic).
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Further, I can't believe _anyone_ but the an ignoramus would use the phrase that you have. I hope you have used it in jest?
I'm impressed we got to post #62 without that canard being trotted out!
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I'm impressed we got to post #62 without that canard being trotted out!
It's the favourite phrase of the security state.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
You're referring to the USC who was held in Guantanamo? GitMo is an affront to all decency in the world. The US should hang its head in shame.
No, I'm referring to the fact that the US is one of the very few countries (and the only western country?) that has laws that allows them to make people stateless.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by formula
No, I'm referring to the fact that the US is one of the very few countries (and the only western country?) that has laws that allows them to make people stateless.
Which law?

Looks to me like Adolf May is busy forging on with her plan to be able to make naturalised British citizens stateless: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...eless-passport
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:48 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

sigh

Horace, if you weren't such an offensive troll, I'd be a hell of a lot more inclined agree with much of what you are saying.

however...

Whilst I indeed enjoy what liberties I have left and as a matter of record, strongly object to the erosion of them, and have plenty of peeves about intrusive governmental meddling in my own personal affairs...

...I also have come to realise that many of those things I object to are not the result of some secret conspiracy to lobotomise the population, but are more oft simply well-intentioned, but completely short-sighted attempts to "protect me from myself", which I would equally object to as arrogant, hypocritical and ultimately, nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy (I have an entire thesis on that).

Nonetheless, the way to resist it is to resist it, not howl at the moon or refer anyone who happens to employ a more rational approach as ignorant. That's even more ignorant, arrogant and hypocritical as those you aim your venom at.

Not to mention that listening can every bit as enlightening as telling.

The world isn't coming to an end tomorrow morning, and your rant is not all that different than objections that have been expressed for decades by people who were far more enlightened than either you or I.

Luckily, we still have a good bit of balance, politically and otherwise. It isn't all one way or another. If it were, none of us would be here suffering your exaggerated rants, and you wouldn't be allowed to rant them.

If your goal is to make a difference, then be wise. If it's just to get attention, well, that's always short-lived and doesn't benefit anyone.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas
sigh

Horace, if you weren't such an offensive troll, I'd be a hell of a lot more inclined agree with much of what you are saying.

however...

Whilst I indeed enjoy what liberties I have left and as a matter of record, strongly object to the erosion of them, and have plenty of peeves about intrusive governmental meddling in my own personal affairs...

...I also have come to realise that many of those things I object to are not the result of some secret conspiracy to lobotomise the population, but are more oft simply well-intentioned, but completely short-sighted attempts to "protect me from myself", which I would equally object to as arrogant, hypocritical and ultimately, nothing more than a self-fulfilling prophecy (I have an entire thesis on that).

Nonetheless, the way to resist it is to resist it, not howl at the moon or refer anyone who happens to employ a more rational approach as ignorant. That's even more ignorant, arrogant and hypocritical as those you aim your venom at.

Not to mention that listening can every bit as enlightening as telling.

The world isn't coming to an end tomorrow morning, and your rant is not all that different than objections that have been expressed for decades by people who were far more enlightened than either you or I.

Luckily, we still have a good bit of balance, politically and otherwise. It isn't all one way or another. If it were, none of us would be here suffering your exaggerated rants, and you wouldn't be allowed to rant them.

If your goal is to make a difference, then be wise. If it's just to get attention, well, that's always short-lived and doesn't benefit anyone.
It doesn't happen overnight. That's the whole point.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:57 pm
Banned

I will ask again though what liberties have we lost ? I don't direct this question to the troll but someone who might be able to answer without being rude and abusive.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I will ask again though what liberties have we lost ? I don't direct this question to the troll but someone who might be able to answer without being rude and abusive.
The right to a trial.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Depends who's judging what is 'wrong', doesn't it?
Well I tend to use it with reference to something that isn't considered 'right' Seriously though we all know the difference between right and wrong, I don't want terrorists living in our country anymore than any other right minded person. To my mind if you travel overseas to fight for a terrorist group and be one a terrorist then you relinquish any rights.

Last edited by chris955; Nov 25th 2014 at 3:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.