Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Those returning Home- What are you looking forward to most?

Those returning Home- What are you looking forward to most?

Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:27 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all
Default Re: Those returning Home- What are you looking forward to most?

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
You cant can you. Or fields of baled hay.....and poppies round the edges of the field.....
Won't be like that for too long though will it. sold out most of the farming, coal and car technologies and what with new developments...UK will morph into Milton Keynes and become one blob of concrete...ready to implode on itself.

rgds

John
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:36 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't made any firm arrangements for going home as yet, but I'm hellbent on leaving the US, and I want to travel in January/February of next year. I'm looking forward to the smell of winter. It's been boiling hot every Xmas I've spent in Florida, and I hate not seeing snow or at least frost on Crimbo morning. The atmosphere is just not the same, either, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Think I just mostly miss sitting in bed/on the sofa all snug and stuffing my face with Quality Street and watching a cheesy Christmas movie when it's cold outside.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
Won't be like that for too long though will it. sold out most of the farming, coal and car technologies and what with new developments...UK will morph into Milton Keynes and become one blob of concrete...ready to implode on itself.

rgds

John
like they'd ever sell off the national parks???
prat, why do you keep coming on here with your crass comments?
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:57 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

rgds

John
Happy bunny returns
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:59 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

rgds

John
Just an afterthought. Are you that guy who wears the sandwich board telling us the end of the world is nigh?
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:44 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by englishrose
like they'd ever sell off the national parks???
prat, why do you keep coming on here with your crass comments?
It's all down to the mighty pound my dear...70 million people all living on the an area the size of a napkin, something has to give, even your parks.

rgds

John
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Norm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to all

We were in the UK in Feb. We had to drive down to London and the entire way I had my feet on the bashboard with a huge grin on my face taking in all the sights. Did I mention this was on the M1..lol.. That is when my husband said, it really hit him how much I missed home.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Norm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to allNorm71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by megansmummy
I just miissed the UK full stop!!

I landed at heathrow to a cloudy miserable sky & it was the best sight of my life!!

God its good to be home!
I can't believe your back already.. I revoke the invite for the girlie night out this just isn't on...lol... I know your situation wasn't ideal but your still a lucky duck. Go on tell me you have already had your packet of fish and chips or a good curry??? lol. Does your daughter seem to be happy being back home? I bet she slept for quite sometime on the flight. I thought a 7 hour flight was a nightmare. I have Mediced for Abby, when we leave. Although she is good she sleeps quite well as its a night flight. My problem is keeping the kids from thinking they are on holiday so they can go a bit mad.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

It's all down to the mighty pound my dear...70 million people all living on the an area the size of a napkin, something has to give, even your parks.

rgds

John
if you hate it that much,why not just forget it and let us all get on with enjoying it instead ??
Old Jun 12th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm71
I can't believe your back already.. I revoke the invite for the girlie night out this just isn't on...lol... I know your situation wasn't ideal but your still a lucky duck. Go on tell me you have already had your packet of fish and chips or a good curry??? lol. Does your daughter seem to be happy being back home? I bet she slept for quite sometime on the flight. I thought a 7 hour flight was a nightmare. I have Mediced for Abby, when we leave. Although she is good she sleeps quite well as its a night flight. My problem is keeping the kids from thinking they are on holiday so they can go a bit mad.
Didnt hve fish n chips or curry but i did have a damn good chinese!!!

megy didnt sleep for the 1st leg of the journey to singapore even though i gave her phuerneym (cant spell it again!). She did manage 6 hours to london though!! It wasnt easy but worth it when i got back!! She seems fine iwth it all though her sleep is a bit all over the shop right now but thats to be expected!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:37 am
Banned

roadwarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dexterdude
I guess the thread title says it all. We back home get so used to people knocking this little island. - From the perspective of those who have moved abroad and are returning/hoping to return - what did you miss/are you looking forward to on your return? I am genuinely interested...

Inland Review
im looking forward to going home and drinking myself into a stupor in a pub without the check being given to me after each drink and someone telling me that i've had enough and im cut off (after 4 beers of bud). also looking forward to not having to drive 10 miles from the pub but going on a (walking) pub crawl around my local town. the USA is great but socially (especially in the south) it's sheet. apart from miami, but thats practically a different country!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

I miss absolutely all of the above and will really look forward to my girls actually learning something academic in school that does not involve swinging from monkey bars but involves homework and good old fashioned maths and english. Oh and i cant wait to have the lovely rustle of a crisp pound note or many hopefully in my pocket.

oh and bold soap powder, think i'll wrap myself in a nice soft towel and just take in the aroma, omg i'm going stir crazy

sj
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

rgds

John
You're a right little ray sunshine arent you

Last edited by birdynumnum; Jun 13th 2007 at 6:20 am.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:18 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Your a little ray sunshine arent you
I'm going to start going into the Canada forum and posting things like: Why do you want to live in Canada? It's cold. And it's full of miserable Canadians. And their tele is crap. And it sucks. And you're soooo stooopid for living there. I can do this, as I don't live in Canada and have no intention of moving there.

Only I won't, 'cause that would be bloody stupid. Lucky no-one from the Canada forum does that here.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:29 am
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

A long walk in dead of winter through leafless woodlands, under a comforting grey sky, frost on the hard ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.