Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Sydney To UK 20ft Container Ball Park Figure?

Sydney To UK 20ft Container Ball Park Figure?

Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney To UK 20ft Container Ball Park Figure?

We are only at the very beginning stages of planning our move back to UK. I know that shipping costs vary wildy, but i would like to know a rough idea of prices some of you may have been quoted for shipping your household stuff back to UK?
We are in Sydney. We wont have that much to take apart from furniture and kitchen appliance basics. No kids etc. We reckon we will only need a 20ft container.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:53 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney To UK 20ft Container Ball Park Figure?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
We are only at the very beginning stages of planning our move back to UK. I know that shipping costs vary wildy, but i would like to know a rough idea of prices some of you may have been quoted for shipping your household stuff back to UK?
We are in Sydney. We wont have that much to take apart from furniture and kitchen appliance basics. No kids etc. We reckon we will only need a 20ft container.
Hi there - we've just returned from Melbourne and paid $7200, Mel to Manchester. Good luck with your return, hope it all goes smoothly.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:34 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply Louise. At least it gives me some sort of figure to go on.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

HI,

We are going back from Sydney and have been quoted $7700 from Allied Pickfords, $7500 from OSS both for a 20ft container and all packing/unpacking done. We have opted for a self load container which is from door to Felistowe port and customs clearance...total cost $3025 for 20ft container. Hope this info helps. If you dont mind packing/loading yourself then is saves you heaps of $$$$$$
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:17 pm
I don't give a damn

Thanks Wendie, thats very handy to know. When you say door to door, do you mean that even though it goes to Felixstowe they transport it on to an address in UK when it arrives, or will that be an extra cost?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendymaisie
HI,

We are going back from Sydney and have been quoted $7700 from Allied Pickfords, $7500 from OSS both for a 20ft container and all packing/unpacking done. We have opted for a self load container which is from door to Felistowe port and customs clearance...total cost $3025 for 20ft container. Hope this info helps. If you dont mind packing/loading yourself then is saves you heaps of $$$$$$
Hi wendy

Can I get I am desperate to save money on the move back as it will be me and the kids inititally. Please could youi email the details of the company your used or pm me I would really appreciate it.
thanks
Nicola
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

Thanks Wendie, thats very handy to know. When you say door to door, do you mean that even though it goes to Felixstowe they transport it on to an address in UK when it arrives, or will that be an extra cost?
No its just from your door here to Felixstowe port, you have to arrange your own freight forwarding from the arrival port.

Wendy
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hi wendy

Can I get I am desperate to save money on the move back as it will be me and the kids inititally. Please could youi email the details of the company your used or pm me I would really appreciate it.
thanks
Nicola
Hi Nicola,

The company we are using are based near Mascot, NSW. Their website is www.hellaseurope.com.au. On top of the container we paid 2% insurance premium. Our goods valued at $40k so cost us $800 for insurance.

Hope this helps and good luck with your move too!
Wendy
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicola,

The company we are using are based near Mascot, NSW. Their website is www.hellaseurope.com.au. On top of the container we paid 2% insurance premium. Our goods valued at $40k so cost us $800 for insurance.

Hope this helps and good luck with your move too!
Wendy
Thanks so much wendy I have just saved the website in my favourites
Nicola
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

HI,

Hi Wendy

We are in Sydney and are going home next week why are you going home?