Sum up GREAT BRITAIN...

Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all
Default Sum up GREAT BRITAIN...

Taking Backhomeatlast's lead on this, we have a 'sum up Australia' thread so why not a 'sum up GREAT BRITAIN' thread.

So lets hear it folks anything that sums up our beloved Isle, good and bad, warts and all. We can take criticism, we're British....
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:47 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sum up GREAT BRITAIN...

bloody brillant
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:50 pm
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

HOME
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

The first and foremost thing you've got to remember about Britain is that it's cold and wet and dank and everyone spends fifty weeks of the year huddled around the fireside. Look at those PATHETIC crowds for the Premier League & the first round of the Six Nations and tonight's England v Switzerland game at Wembley.

The second important fact is that Britain is covered in concrete and what little remains of the countryside is at least two hours drive so even if you wanted to walk or cycle or swim (there are no beaches of course and the sea is too polluted anyway) you'd spend so much time getting there, you'd only have a half hour of daylight to do it in.

The third important fact is that Britain has barely recovered from WW2 rationing and it's so expensive that nobody can afford to buy new cars/TV/go on holiday abroad anyway.

The fourth important fact is that Britons have no sense of humour and in no circumstances are able to laugh at themselves.

I'm sorry if the truth hurts but it's got to be said.
Dave
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saveme
The first and foremost thing you've got to remember about Britain is that it's cold and wet and dank and everyone spends fifty weeks of the year huddled around the fireside. Look at those PATHETIC crowds for the Premier League & the first round of the Six Nations and tonight's England v Switzerland game at Wembley.

The second important fact is that Britain is covered in concrete and what little remains of the countryside is at least two hours drive so even if you wanted to walk or cycle or swim (there are no beaches of course and the sea is too polluted anyway) you'd spend so much time getting there, you'd only have a half hour of daylight to do it in.

The third important fact is that Britain has barely recovered from WW2 rationing and it's so expensive that nobody can afford to buy new cars/TV/go on holiday abroad anyway.

The fourth important fact is that Britons have no sense of humour and in no circumstances are able to laugh at themselves.

Dave
And you live.......... where?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:55 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Dave

I think I have said this before but hey ho, still applies... men are from Mars, women are from Venus and you speak from Uranus.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:56 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave
Hehehe, good one, a blatant untruth in ever point, that takes some effort.

I bet all the people living in the leafier bits are pissing themselves at that

It was a joke, right?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:01 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave
Each to there own but i have to disagree

there is plenty countryside in britain green grass not yellow hard burnt stuff that you cant sit on, as for brits dont travel abroad is a load of rubbish i think british are very well travelled much more so than aussie's ive came across many who have never left oz sad but true.

Britain is in no way more expensive that australia i think its getting very expensive here petrol is still cheaper but i would say that the cost of living is the same.

As for the british sense of humour i love it you just have to watch any britsh sitcom to see to name a few fools and horses, shameless, little britain much better than bloody kath and kim or the wedge!!

hey but its not perfect but either is oz!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Dave
It may be your truth, but that's your problem mate. Sorry if you can't stand the thought of anyone liking Great Britain, but that's your problem again...Great Britain will always be great
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave
So where do you live that's so good then
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

FFS people - don't let that tosser derail this thread!

Let her move to Oz and find out the errors of her ways...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Elvira
FFS people - don't let that tosser derail this thread!

Let her move to Oz and find out the errors of her ways...
Ah, 'her', well, that would explain it then <dons tin hat>
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It fits like an old pair of gloves...it's as comfortable as an old pair of slippers.

Take ya pick.
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would be somewhat sad if I felt that bad about my homeland like that. I suppose he cant help it if thats what he thinks, but geez it must have a horrible effect on you as a person. I'd feel cheated!! LOL All your childhood and recent history spent in abject misery... poor bugger... i hope he gets out quick
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It fits like an old pair of gloves...it's as comfortable as an old pair of slippers.

Take ya pick.
Headless body found in London today.

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.