Shower
81.82%
Bath
18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Shower or Bath?

Old Apr 24th 2017, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Shower or Bath?

I love a good, long hot bath if the bath is a decent depth, but most are too shallow for my liking. Showers, if they are roomy enough are good for when you want to quickly clean yourself.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 10:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And such plumbed-in weirdness will, of course, make the home easy to sell eventually.
I don't recall Editha saying she was planning to sell her house. Aries was just giving another option, no need to give her a virtual slap for that.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 10:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I don't recall Editha saying she was planning to sell her house. ....
It was implicit in the original question, and mentioned previously, by English mum as well as me. When people are considering major "permanent" renovations IME people usually consider the eventual impact on saleability and price of their home, which was exactly why I asked about the time horizon - if only a few years then you wouldn't want to replumb before selling, so go with a "normal" setup, of a tub, if you're expecting to live there longer term then do what you want and if necessary return the setup to normal before selling
Old Apr 24th 2017, 10:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No, it wasn't implicit at all, and Aries was still only making a suggestion and there was no need to slap her down for it. Editha's an intelligent woman and will make up her own mind as to what's best for her, she doesn't need someone else to pick holes in another member's input.

But whatever you say, Mr Last Word Pulaski. I have other things to do
Old Apr 24th 2017, 11:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Editha - I didn't realise that you have mobility issues.

You may wish to peruse the Age UK charity's website for information on various aids for those with mobility problems. I've just ordered a brochure for my mum - she says she is finding it a little difficult to climb into and out of her bath, which has an overhead shower. I am thinking of installing a walk-in bath (with overhead shower) for her small bathroom.

They are not the only vendors of this kind of bath/shower in the UK but it does show the options and accessories such as grab bars and they also have different kinds of stair lifts (which is another thing I may eventually have to install for my mum as her mobility declines).

Http://www.ageukmobility.co.uk

Btw; I don't know if you see an Occupational Therapist but they can also advise on suitable baths/showers for people with restricted mobility.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:35 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wary of walk-in baths. My brother bought a house which had previously had one. The vendors had removed it and replaced it with a conventional bath in order to sell, but the oil, which is used in the mechanism, had leaked. It was a surprisingly large amount of oil. My brother had to replace the ceiling of the room below and the floorboards of the bathroom.

I also agree with Pulaski, that a walk-in bath could make sale of the house difficult. We are not planning to move in the next decade, but my health issues mean we might be forced to rethink.

I'm going to ask for an Occupational Assessment, the next time I see my GP.

Last edited by Editha; Apr 25th 2017 at 7:39 am.