Riots in the UK

Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Riots in the UK

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I don't think it's that simple. While I'm sure many of the rioters are just using this as an excuse to riot and loot and cause mischief, there are other factors at play here.
There may be some other factors at play, but I'm pretty sure most of the people causing trouble are just doing it because they can - they know nothing will happen to them (the justice system is a joke) and they have this sense of entitlement that somehow the world owes them something.

I do agree that the police are probably corrupt, and that there are 'class' issues in the UK. Having said that, the people rioting/looting/victimizing innocent people aren't doing themselves any favours by causing all this trouble.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 10:57 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, Manc.

Google "flash mob beatings", and you'll see these a pattern of these in the US recently, the most recent being the Wisconsin State Fair. Reuters ignored the racial aspect of it, describing the perpetrators as "youths", but black youths were pulling whites out of their cars and beating them.

They're also doing flash mob robberies.
Both types are on the rise, and are being ignored by the MSM.

I see more and more of this social unrest as the economy tanks, the ranks of the have-nots grows. There are riots in China, Portual, Israel, Pakistan, the Philippines.

\ And this is a good argument why restricting magazine capacities is stupid.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:00 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, Manc.
I think there is a definite difference between genuine social unrest and a shower of theiving twats.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Just great , I'm at the San Francisco airport right now, London then Manchester to see friends and family, should be a riot, ( excuse the pun ).

My cousin just sent me a note saying a bunch of kids tried to turn his car over, cops came and they scarpered, and he's in the suburbs of Manchester.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
he's in the suburbs of Manchester.
can I ask which one.

I have family there too
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:03 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by randomgirl
There may be some other factors at play, but I'm pretty sure most of the people causing trouble are just doing it because they can - they know nothing will happen to them (the justice system is a joke) and they have this sense of entitlement that somehow the world owes them something.

I do agree that the police are probably corrupt, and that there are 'class' issues in the UK. Having said that, the people rioting/looting/victimizing innocent people aren't doing themselves any favours by causing all this trouble.
I agree with everything you just said. Did you see the little granny? We need a few more like her out there:

(Low up means stop)

This one might make you giggle.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:06 pm
@matthewb76

what a knob.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:21 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everything you just said. Did you see the little granny? We need a few more like her out there:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8AG-e2fA97k

(Low up means stop)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p39ULW_xzUE
That fearless woman would go down a treat as the resident grammer/spell checker on BE .....
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8AG-e2fA97k

(Low up means stop)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p39ULW_xzUE
Yes! That granny is amazing, we definitely need more like her.
As for the riot fail, well, we didn't think the yobs had many brain cells did we?!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
Just great , I'm at the San Francisco airport right now, London then Manchester to see friends and family, should be a riot, ( excuse the pun ).

My cousin just sent me a note saying a bunch of kids tried to turn his car over, cops came and they scarpered, and he's in the suburbs of Manchester.
Stay safe and I hope you manage to have a good time!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for the new threads here in a few months time...

"I woz involved in a little bit of looting and stuff recently bit silly really but do I hav to redo my ESTA like?"
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sangat-tv

Amateur live news feed from Birmingham, which is quite good...they even gave a cop a lift earlier who was chasing after some folks.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:48 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sangat-tv

Amateur live news feed from Birmingham, which is quite good...they even gave a cop a lift earlier who was chasing after some folks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675#play-video
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Manc
I think there is a definite difference between genuine social unrest and a shower of theiving twats.
I agree totally. It's like the world owes them something. It's like the everyone-wants-to-get-rich-quick disease.. not through working and getting your hands dirty, but through things like 5 minutes of fame on reality TV, lottery - and now thieving.
It makes me so mad - and sad, when I see buildings that survived World War II now just shells.

Hope they get it all under control soon.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Waiting for the new threads here in a few months time...

"I woz involved in a little bit of looting and stuff recently bit silly really but do I hav to redo my ESTA like?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.