Pining For The Hanging Basket

Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:07 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pining For The Hanging Basket

After looking at the bluebell thread,it made me realise just how much i miss the British love of gardens and flowers with colour and designs done with a lot of thought and consideration.
I cannot wait to walk down a street with beautiful well kept hanging baskets bursting with colour.
Look in front gardens tended to and given thought and effort.

Sadly, Australia is obsessed with nothing other than natives, which, on the whole are drab and bland. There are some exceptions to this rule, but their total lack of interest in anything exciting in the garden leaves me cold. I understand their problems with water shortage, so i guess that is probably a big reason for it, but its yet another reason i cannot wait to return home.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Rarn will become famous soon enoughRarn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pining For The Hanging Basket

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
After looking at the bluebell thread,it made me realise just how much i miss the British love of gardens and flowers with colour and designs done with a lot of thought and consideration.
I cannot wait to walk down a street with beautiful well kept hanging baskets bursting with colour.

Sadly, Australia is obsessed with nothing other than natives, which, on the whole are drab and bland. There are some exceptions to this rule, but their total lack of interest in anything exciting in the garden leaves me cold. I understand their problems with water shortage, so i guess that is probably a big reason for it, but its yet another reason i cannot wait to return home.
Yep I agree.
You cant be a lovely cottage garen in my mind. Some lovely plants here I do love like Tree Ferns & Birds of paradise but I miss annuals, perennials and the like.

The bluebells and those woods - ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Surprised by this comment. I find there is much more wildlife and trees and interesting gardens here in Oz?????
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Surprised by this comment. I find there is much more wildlife and trees and interesting gardens here in Oz?????

The plants around by me are all native bush stuff. Pretty flowers on some, but on the whole they are "Bottle Brush" or scraggy looking foliage plants. And as for wildlife....what wildlife? I actually heard a bird the other day and it made me stop and think "Crikey...that was a bird!" the sound is so rare.

Oh, I live in a new suburban sprawl.

The English gardens, when well tended, are the best by far.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:26 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
There seems to be more happening in the East of australia in the gardens .
Here in the west they are dead as Dodo during the day time ,it is busier in the garden during spring and autumn .Unless you live out bush of course where you may get an abundance of wildlife .

Last edited by king kong; Apr 28th 2007 at 10:31 am.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:28 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
The plants around by me are all native bush stuff. Pretty flowers on some, but on the whole they are "Bottle Brush" or scraggy looking foliage plants. And as for wildlife....what wildlife? I actually heard a bird the other day and it made me stop and think "Crikey...that was a bird!" the sound is so rare.

I had forgotten how busy an english garden was until i went back this winter and there was squirrels,magpies ,robins,tits all coming into the garden and there was always some kind of action going on .
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:41 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

My father in law is a super star at hanging baskets, he helps me create mine every year. He is doing a basket especially for me this year and emailing me a weekly photo - how sweet

I loved my garden at home and could quite easily spend all weekend sorting it out but loved it - here I dont have the motivation at all.

I hope I am home this time next year in time for bedding plants and hanging baskets.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW

My god you must live in a bubble. One of the first things I noticed over here was the birds. So many different sounds every minute of the day. Then again I was talking to an aussie the other day and she told me she had seen a programme about brits moving to oz and said this family returned back to UK and one of the reasons they gave was that the birds were too loud!! Unreal but not suprising. Bit like going on holiday to Majorca and whinging about not having a chippy!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:22 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jangle
My god you must live in a bubble. One of the first things I noticed over here was the birds. So many different sounds every minute of the day. Then again I was talking to an aussie the other day and she told me she had seen a programme about brits moving to oz and said this family returned back to UK and one of the reasons they gave was that the birds were too loud!! Unreal but not suprising. Bit like going on holiday to Majorca and whinging about not having a chippy!!!!!!!!
Interesting first post.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really niceJangle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Interesting first post.
Just gobsmacked, don't they have birds in Perth then?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jangle
Just gobsmacked, don't they have birds in Perth then?
wouldn't know - never been there - and no desire to go...
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

wouldn't know - never been there - and no desire to go...
snap
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:40 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by TruBrit
snap
Morning missus - how's it going?

I should be packing.... getting my UK phone charged...
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:43 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I must remember to tell the possum that Mr GG and I spotted on our way home from the local that it does not belong in our neighbourhood: all wildlife is henceforth banished unless it is imported from the UK. Ditto plants.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning missus - how's it going?

I should be packing.... getting my UK phone charged...
yep you should but if you're anything like me i function better under pressure, well that's my excuse anyway

i've been on the dog 'n bone this morning to a couple of friends in the uk, so we are taking the morning nice and slow

talking of flowers and hanging baskets, ours here don't last long due to the high humidity and then they are are bleached out by the sun, so much more vibrant back home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.