Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Update to all..... My hubby went to get his biometrics done today. It was actually at the US immigration Centre here in NH. They said they have an arrangement with the UK Embassy Washington DC to do the fingerprinting for them . Only problem is the UK Embassy is having trouble with the visa's. Refusing them to people for silly reasons and the people are getting annoyed at the US Immigration who have nothing to do with it. Apparently a women was denied a visa because of some mistake on the form and then they didnt want to refund the $1300 or they wanted her to pay another $1300, so she had to drive all the way to Washington DC to get it put right. My husband asked should he send anything else with the form other than his Passport and the form and the women said she did not know. So we are keeping are fingers crossed.

Sold quite a bit of the furniture on Craigs list and saw a sign in the local church window advertising a sale this weekend so I left a message at the church office. Hope I get a reply.

The books go to the library tomorrow night. Still alot to do.
Oh goodness trotty, good luck with it all! Keep calm, pace yourself, one thing at a time!

Tina
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:16 am
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aries

..........The couple told my agent that otherwise the house was perfect!
Weird how people evaluate properties.
One viewer of mine said it was too warm in the house !!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
I suppose if that person had come at a different time, they would have said it was too cold.

It is a question of waiting for the right person to view. I have a sun-room which is glorious when the sun shines and which everyone likes, though apparently one man said he wouldn't know what to do with it!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:04 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
selling house a number of years ago, standard UK 3 bed semi, living, dining, kitchen, couple came, thought it was great but she asked if she had missed the music room .... they had a baby grand and thought that all houses had a music room ! ! !
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
cause we all know you will set the thermostat before you leave and they are given a key
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
selling house a number of years ago, standard UK 3 bed semi, living, dining, kitchen, couple came, thought it was great but she asked if she had missed the music room .... they had a baby grand and thought that all houses had a music room ! ! !
OMG all these people are giving me a good laugh this morning. Keep them coming please.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 5:50 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

It's Friday night, and has been an exhausting week at work. Tonight's supper is fish and chips from BigFry, our local chippy. For those of you curious about such things, BigFry charges £5.20 (£3.70 for cod, £1.50 for chips) ... or £10.40 for the two of us.
Attached Thumbnails OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-002.jpg   OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-003.jpg   OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-005.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
It's Friday night, and has been an exhausting week at work. Tonight's supper is fish and chips from BigFry, our local chippy. For those of you curious about such things, BigFry charges £5.20 (£3.70 for cod, £1.50 for chips) ... or £10.40 for the two of us.
God they look so yummy!! How many Weight Watchers points Denise LOL!!

And where are the yummy mushy peas?
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:59 pm
DDL

Originally Posted by Beedubya
God they look so yummy!! How many Weight Watchers points Denise LOL!! And where are the yummy mushy peas?

They don't have mushy peas at this chippy (takeaway only).
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
They don't have mushy peas at this chippy (takeaway only).
sack em..

my local chippy has a small heater unit containing pots for peas, gravy and curry
when asked for ladle it into a polystyrene cup and plonk a plastic lid ontop
ISTR 50p a cup.

Last edited by Domino; Sep 9th 2011 at 7:25 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

It was off to Sandgate to our favorite chippy for lunch today, decided to eat in this time. Large cod & chips each, 3/4 bottle of malt vinegar and a strongbow cider each to wash it all down with. Naturally we ate far too much & sat on the seafront afterward to let it all digest. A nice afternoon all in all
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
or.....$16.62 which is too much money for us Americans
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:39 pm
DDL

Originally Posted by Domino
sack em..

my local chippy has a small heater unit containing pots for peas, gravy and curry
when asked for ladle it into a polystyrene cup and plonk a plastic lid ontop
ISTR 50p a cup.

Sounds good Domino - but the best thing about your post is that I learned a new acronym: ISTR. (Had to look it up.)
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

DDL..I could really go for that fish and chips but will have to make do with a cup of tea.

It's been a bad day Moe was carrying and old TV to the boot of his car and fell. Flat on his face. I have no idea why he did not ask for help but I think its a man thing Anyway he came into the bedroom woke me up and my first sight was this bloody face. I almost had a heart attack. You would all be very proud of me I drove him to the hospital. 10 years since I drove. I did notice even in all his pain he was holding on for grim death. It turns out he broke his nose and split his lip and cut his nose open. Had 17 stitiches, cracked a tooth in half and got the biggest black eye. They have kept him in overnight for observation. It never rains but what it pours, what else could possibly happen, I forgot to light my St. Joseph candle today
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
DDL..I could really go for that fish and chips but will have to make do with a cup of tea.

It's been a bad day Moe was carrying and old TV to the boot of his car and fell. Flat on his face. I have no idea why he did not ask for help but I think its a man thing Anyway he came into the bedroom woke me up and my first sight was this bloody face. I almost had a heart attack. You would all be very proud of me I drove him to the hospital. 10 years since I drove. I did notice even in all his pain he was holding on for grim death. It turns out he broke his nose and split his lip and cut his nose open. Had 17 stitiches, cracked a tooth in half and got the biggest black eye. They have kept him in overnight for observation. It never rains but what it pours, what else could possibly happen, I forgot to light my St. Joseph candle today
Tell him we, on the forum, hope he gets better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.