Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:26 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Sorry not meaning to be negative and this thread does seem to be dominated by UK/Americans but really some of us don't even know half the time what you are on about..........
That's OK, when you guys get started on Coronation Street, I'm totally lost
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Cheers, Everything you say, is rubbish.
Thank you dontheturner for straightening me out
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Me too... dont have a expat shield, at least not yet.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Thank you dontheturner for straightening me out
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
haha Sally, ditto!

tina
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Just the once Rodney at Abu Dhabi, now that airport should be an experience!
Bee, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Terminal 3 is newish ('09, I think) and serves Etihad Airlines. The Airport itself boasts some interesting architecture, but is clean and not very large so its easy to negotiate. Its one of the nicer airports in the middle east, in my opinion. There are a number of shops to browse so dont forget to get back on the plane!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Bea,

For you

http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/Ho...00806415016104
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations Bea on your first day free from work! How does it feel?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Well, I just returned from going to a really nice young NHS Doctor who was appalled with the follow up on my surgery that i recieved in the US, and is getting me on a follow up schedule, "the UK way of doing things" asap. He said 6 months is ridiculous amount of time to wait for a next scan after cancer. I was very impressed, they also have me all set up for other "female" appointments. Its wonderful, and I havent spent a dime..
Other than that I have probably gained 10 pounds from eating all my favorite food. The weather has been a bit glum, but its actually a nice change from endless sunshine. I have been to a couple of differnt towns shopping, Melton Mobray, Grantham, Newark. I love the ancient little tea rooms et.
Going to start looking for a job next week, and I have a couple of driving lessons set up with a loal instructor, just to get used to this driving on the wrong side of the road stuff..lol.
You must be getting very excited now Bee, and Don is almost here too.
I must say, I havent missed the US yet, only my friends.
Jackie..
Now thats more like it Jackie.

That is fantastic news that you are getting the health care you should. Good luck on the job hunting and even more good luck with the driving LOL!!

I am quite "scared" of learning to drive the Brit way LOL!! I can't wait to visit all the little towns and villages even if it's for window shopping and I think I will join the National Trust and do some serious sightseeing. How's the job situation looking Jackie? If you go on some of the other threads you would think there were no jobs to be had for anyone.....

Well folks it's only 7 more sleeps for me. It's Saturday morning here in sunny Australia as I sit here on my garden chair tapping away on the laptop. I will finish up in this flat today and tomorrow and on Monday a guy from work is coming with a workvan to pick up my boxes, I think I have 8 or 9, they will go into storage until I settle in the UK and send for them.

It was my last day at work yesterday and surprisingly they did a little presentation of a nice card and a big box of chocolates, totally unexpected as I have only been there 7 months.

I have been told to keep my airline security ID card (very unusual) and I am now on "leave" there is still no news on the job BTW, but it's all "positive" and my boss mentioned me working in London in his little presentation speech...........

Last edited by Beedubya; Feb 18th 2011 at 7:44 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I consider that a lucky thing I wish I didn't know half the stuff
You have no idea how much I scroll past these posts or my eyes glaze over with boredom.

I think I will start talking about Australia's healthcare or government in revenge ha ha!!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:32 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket
Don: Just want to good luck with the flight home, have been lurking for some months.

Bee: Good luck too.

I am not in my 50's but early 40's but enjoy reading your discussions and will be returning on the 22nd March
Welcome Mrs Bucket, well you know we are not REALLY in our 50's either, we are just pretending LOL!!

I myself am probably only about 37 in my head.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:33 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Me too... dont have a expat shield, at least not yet.
You should.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Wawa
Bee, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Terminal 3 is newish ('09, I think) and serves Etihad Airlines. The Airport itself boasts some interesting architecture, but is clean and not very large so its easy to negotiate. Its one of the nicer airports in the middle east, in my opinion. There are a number of shops to browse so dont forget to get back on the plane!
I will be there at 2.50am Wawa, do you think there will be any open? The last time I was in an airport at that time it was like a blimming ghost town.

Oh and don't worry I wouldn't care if it was Rodeo Drive and I had $$$$$$$ there is NO WAY I am missing that plane LOL!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

Congratulations Bea on your first day free from work! How does it feel?
Scary to be "unemployed."

Thanks for the news clip but I don't watch the news or read newspapers, bad for the soul.

Last edited by Beedubya; Feb 18th 2011 at 7:42 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:45 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

This is except-able in Devon:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-17478717.html
$350 per month.

Cheers, in the UK doesn't it go:

Ground floor
First floor
Second floor

This place looks like it's up in the roof...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.