Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Mar 25th 2012, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Britkyiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

UK plans major immigration crack down.
According to an article in the Sunday Telegraph, the British government plans to crack down on immigration this year.

A minimum income threshold is being considered s follows:
£25,700 for a British citizen or person settled in the UK to sponsor the settlement of a spouse or partner of non-EEA [European Economic Area] nationality.
For a partner with one child, the income threshold would rise to £37,000 a year, for two to £49,300 and for three children it would hit £62,600

So, according to this proposal, a British citizen can only invite their Non-EU spouse to settle with them in the UK if he or she has a minimum income of £25,700 per year.

This will effect ALL those from Non-EU countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...crackdown.html

Now this will be interesting. We all know that there are far too many immigrants settling in the UK. But, how will the EU view this move by the UK government. For example an EU citizen has the right to settle/work/live in any OTHER EU country TOGETHER with his/her spouse (even if he/she is from a non-EU country) This is EU Law.

Any of our experts here like to comment?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:17 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
why I wonder dont Americans do that kind of work, well you try working outside in 112 F. with the hot sun blazing down on you all day long
Years ago in the 1950,s and 60,s americans always did that work, but there not prepared to do it any more, well not too many anyway,
So well said. It's always the same - immigrants are always willing to work harder and at worse jobs than everyone else and they're always vilified for it by the people who don't have to do those jobs. Look at the Irish back in the 1800s - those were my ancestors who were trudging miles to get to a farm laboring job and then trudging miles back home, and all dying young because their bodies just gave up. And yet they were reviled by the English was wastrels and drunks. No wonder they got drunk - their life sucked!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:25 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

We all know that there are far too many immigrants settling in the UK
I don't.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Britkyiv
We all know that there are far too many immigrants settling in the UK.
Speak for yourself, not me.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Its pointless arguing, and I doubt anyone will change their minds on this subject, we are all set in our ways and opinions and once our mind is made up that's it...

Aren't most of us immigrants??? lol...
Its just best to move on...

So while I was away what happened to Gabby, did she fly off into the Sunset???
Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:18 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

So while I was away what happened to Gabby, did she fly off into the Sunset???
I was just wondering that. If she hasn't left, she must be really close to it because I know she was leaving before me.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:42 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I was just wondering that. If she hasn't left, she must be really close to it because I know she was leaving before me.
Yes they have been here about 2-3 weeks now but I think Gab has had some kind of virus, I will let her know you were asking about her, she is on my Facebook.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Yes they have been here about 2-3 weeks now but I think Gab has had some kind of virus, I will let her know you were asking about her, she is on my Facebook.
Thanks Barb...

Oh yes there is a virus going around, I brought it back with me and was very sick for a week... Hopefully Gabby will be feeling better very soon...
Old Mar 26th 2012, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Hello all

Yes, we have all been poorly sick...I'm sharing a computer these days, so can't up- date a much as I'd like.

My DH has been taking on temporary work, and on Tuesday has an interview for a full- time position locally.

It really helps if you are prepared to take anything, as we *have* found work to be in short supply. Its not impossible, just remember to be flexible ;-)

Both boys are in great schools, and out little one is really enjoying pre-school.

This morning we are taking our youngest son to the doctor, he is finding it hard to shake of the virus.

We had no problems finding a doctor, and were taken on as a family within a few days...on Saturday we received our NHS numbers in the post.

I'll up-date again soon... as (of course) there is much more I could talk about ;-)
Old Mar 26th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Hello all

Yes, we have all been poorly sick...I'm sharing a computer these days, so can't up- date a much as I'd like.

My DH has been taking on temporary work, and on Tuesday has an interview for a full- time position locally.

It really helps if you are prepared to take anything, as we *have* found work to be in short supply. Its not impossible, just remember to be flexible ;-)

Both boys are in great schools, and out little one is really enjoying pre-school.

This morning we are taking our youngest son to the doctor, he is finding it hard to shake of the virus.

We had no problems finding a doctor, and were taken on as a family within a few days...on Saturday we received our NHS numbers in the post.

I'll up-date again soon... as (of course) there is much more I could talk about ;-)
So Gabgoeshome has gone home?! That's wonderful....though so sorry to hear about the viruses (called, I believe, "the lurgy" up North--I never heard this until my sister moved there).

Though up North is irrelevant to you, as i believe you're in Dorset?

Hope health and jobs and everything sorts itself out soon and you are able to enjoy the English spring....

Tina
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Hello all

Thanks for the update Gabby, I wish you guys all the luck in the World...
Old Mar 27th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Oh, I totally agree Sally.

I think the "illegal immigrants claiming benefits" theme is from the Daily Malice, which has run pieces stating there are thousands of illegal immigrants claiming. It is complete fantasy, for which there is not one shred of evidence. In reality, illegal immigrants have to work off the books (and are vulnerable and exploited as a result) and cannot claim benefits without being discovered.
The UK also has immigrants living in peoples sheds (without permission) and living in tents, some on rounderbouts
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/cambridg...00/8582784.stm

This goverment has just stopped the loophole that allowed asylum seekers to get home fees for university or be given free courses i.e. plumbing. They delayed their time here by keep appealing their refusal for asylum, until they finished their studies.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
The UK also has immigrants living in peoples sheds (without permission) and living in tents, some on rounderbouts

This goverment has just stopped the loophole that allowed asylum seekers to get home fees for university or be given free courses i.e. plumbing. They delayed their time here by keep appealing their refusal for asylum, until they finished their studies.
That has to be the stupidest thing I ever heard.
However, as the law stands, if, as a land owner, you forcibly eject an individual or an individual's possessions, or both, you are leaving yourself liable for criminal proceedings for undue force and damage.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:15 pm
Finally Home!

The sooner most Brits understand that being a place that attracts immigrants is a good thing, not a bad one - and start focusing on the 90%+ of immigrants who are hard-working and adding value instead of obsession over the minority who break the rules - the better it will be for everyone.

But who should know that better than we? Immigrants all of us.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:26 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula

It's spelt roundabout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.